Coaching AD/Mario/Coaching Assistant thread

I feel like Coley is one of those names that comes up any time there is an OC opening at Miami. Hard pass. Hopefully this is nothing but conjecture and internet speculation.

Coley is an ace recruiter and nothing more.

He's valuable to a staff, which is why big programs continue to hire him, but he should never be in a playcalling role.

Advertisement
What’s Greg Mark up to these days? Really caught my attention when Mario acknowledged him being at the presser.

Briles is a good OC. The problem at FSU is there was no QB that could execute the O. No OL to block. I mean it's a recipe for the biggest **** sandwich possible. Sometimes the best and brightest OCs need the best and brightest players, or they fail the most spectacularly. OC has IQ of 150 + QB that has an IQ of 36 = OC looking stupid. It's really that simple. When your QBs are mildly retarded, it's going to make you look really, really bad.
He was a train wreck there. This is a lie. I watched every down of FSU football that year. He continuously put his defense in terrible situations. If his last name were Smith, no one on here would care about him.

He was a train wreck there. This is a lie. I watched every down of FSU football that year. He continuously put his defense in terrible situations. If his last name were Smith, no one on here would care about him.
Ok, I was wrong. FSU was on the brink of something special. Loaded with talent, top to bottom. Not just talent, but incredibly intelligent talent.

It caught me off guard when I was researching his prior stints. It does look like McClendon will be joining as WR coach so if the OC is Brady, maybe he does take QBs. Either way, I think with our new resources whatever staff we end up with is going to be considered "a monster" and scare those 2 dweebs up north.
I’d rather take Briles or an OC (please be air-raid/ up tempo) with QB coach combo. Seems weird to have two coaches with WR experience and potentially none with QB experience.

Advertisement
I’d rather take Briles or an OC (please be air-raid/ up tempo) with QB coach combo. Seems weird to have two coaches with WR experience and potentially none with QB experience.
Same, but I'd be shocked if Mario went in that direction (air-raid/uptempo). It's not in his DNA. He likes a ball control offense built around a physical OL.

Agreed, I like having my OC coach the QBs as it creates a singular vision. No mixed messaging. I'm very curious to see the direction Mario goes in knowing he has TVD and a cache of weapons ready to drop 40 a game next year.

Screenshot_20211207-134638_Twitter.jpg

Ok, I was wrong. FSU was on the brink of something special. Loaded with talent, top to bottom. Not just talent, but incredibly intelligent talent.

He taped up his fingers every Saturday, threw on the obligatory white boy flat brim hat, and called every game like they were exactly that.

Advertisement
I'm not too familiar with McClendon. I am aware that he was just at Oregon with Mario. Is he a good recruiter/coach? A good fit for the U?

Thank you in advance

Advertisement
basically we're most likely going to have the second highest assistant coaches salary pool in the nation. these are the numbers from this year.

Screenshot_20211207-142424.png

I believe Florida gave Billy 7M's to work with too.

Advertisement
We need someone on the staff who can develop QBs both mechanically and give them insights to reading defenses and going through progressions.

This skill set tends to correlate with identify prospects too.

McClendon doesn't look like he's credited with much recruiting the last few years.

I agree with you man. that air raid, up tempo spread should be the identity of a Miami offense from now on. let's hope Mario doesn't get in the way of that. can't have a stubborn coach.

Advertisement
Back