Coaching AD/Mario/Coaching Assistant thread

Advertisement
I’m unsure how I feel about it. Horrible at FSU (but they had nothing) and has been successful since then… other names I would prefer but wouldn’t be horrible
The offense at FSU was far improved from the year before.

According to S/P+:
FSU
Pre-Briles 2018: 97th
Briles 2019: 49th

He inherited an abortion of an offense and improved it by 50 spots. That's insane.

Advertisement
I’m unsure how I feel about it. Horrible at FSU (but they had nothing) and has been successful since then… other names I would prefer but wouldn’t be horrible
Briles is a good OC. The problem at FSU is there was no QB that could execute the O. No OL to block. I mean it's a recipe for the biggest **** sandwich possible. Sometimes the best and brightest OCs need the best and brightest players, or they fail the most spectacularly. OC has IQ of 150 + QB that has an IQ of 36 = OC looking stupid. It's really that simple. When your QBs are mildly retarded, it's going to make you look really, really bad.

Advertisement

We did a mock class (no inside info) with a lot of the names mentioned in this thread.

It’s really interesting that Joe Brady coaches WR’s, I think this makes him even more appealing because then you can get a guy like Coley who’s a great qb coach and he doesn’t have to call the plays.

Advertisement
james coley sucks as an OC. if he is hired as an OC, we will have major problems on offense. he sealed his fate as an OC on this play call.

I feel like Coley is one of those names that comes up any time there is an OC opening at Miami. Hard pass. Hopefully this is nothing but conjecture and internet speculation.

Screenshot_20211207-131414_Chrome.jpg

I feel like Coley is one of those names that comes up any time there is an OC opening at Miami. Hard pass. Hopefully this is nothing but conjecture and internet speculation.
I want nothing to do with Coley. If Mario goes that route, he's going to lose some shine real quick. We don't need a staff full of recruiters and no one that can game plan worth a crap.

Advertisement
It’s really interesting that Joe Brady coaches WR’s, I think this makes him even more appealing because then you can get a guy like Coley who’s a great qb coach and he doesn’t have to call the plays.

It caught me off guard when I was researching his prior stints. It does look like McClendon will be joining as WR coach so if the OC is Brady, maybe he does take QBs. Either way, I think with our new resources whatever staff we end up with is going to be considered "a monster" and scare those 2 dweebs up north.

Advertisement
Back