Remember That Time

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Dade County savage and defensive playmaker Jamal Carter passed up UF, FSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, Ohio St, etc to sit behind a 5'7" African walk-on?

Advertisement
For starts I get your point - don't understand why Fentress gets so much burn, but for the love of god, some of you folks act like just because a kid doesn't technically "start" means he doesn't get to touch the field.

When in there, Carter hasn't exactly lit it up. I mean it's one thing to say a beast like Duke doesn't touch the ball enough, but this is a reach. Even for a 5'7'' African walk-on.

Let's not kid ourselves. He's not beating out Fentress because at the snap of the ball he has to be 15 yards deep and running backwards. This savage needs to be let loose, not thinking and then reacting. Fentress is exactly the type of kid that succeeds under Golden because he does what he is told in this horrible scheme.

The results speak for themselves.

Advertisement
Jamal Carter would be first team Sec if he would have gone to LSU or Bama.

Watch what that dude does in the NFL

Bigger issue is that we have 4 guys who are in the box safeties and we have no safety who plays the pass well.

All 4 of our safeties are exactly the same. Good against the run but their strengths aren't against the pass.

I wish we'd move Gunter to safety full time let him play deep and have Deon and Carter only playing in the box to stop the run

It blows my mind that people act like the busting of our stud defensive recruits is some sort of anomolie that has nothing to do with coaching. Maybe once, twice, three times... but when its every player on the team, somethings gotta give

Jamal Carter would be first team Sec if he would have gone to LSU or Bama.

Watch what that dude does in the NFL

I don't know if he'd be first team, but he certainly would be doing a lot better than he is in this current scheme.

I do agree with you on what will happen once he goes to the NFL.

Advertisement
Let's not kid ourselves. He's not beating out Fentress because at the snap of the ball he has to be 15 yards deep and running backwards. This savage needs to be let loose, not thinking and then reacting. Fentress is exactly the type of kid that succeeds under Golden because he does what he is told in this horrible scheme.

The results speak for themselves.

THIS.

This is why people always ask why in the world players like Rodgers, Highsmith, Fentress, King, and the Renfrow's of the world were not only playing, but playing heavy miniutes. The lame depth excuse could be used, but that is BS because you had more talented players behind them, they were just Frosh's. The real reason they play is because they do what they are told with no questions asked. Even if what they are asked to do is pointless, they are the "keep your head down and do as you're told kids", or what this staff would call kids who "are very coachable", "takes coaching".

I'm sorry you cannot be a real football fan and tell me you watch Fentress playing back there and the first thing that comes to mind is that he deserves to take ANY reps away from Jamal Carter. AL may have a soft spot for those type kids, but giving them a roster spot for special teams and playing them heavy legit reps in a game are two different things.

I feel for the kid. He put a ton of work in the offseason to only sit the bench behind a limited walk on.

Two kids, Bush and Carter who could have gone anywhere and our S look like garbage.

It's not a player thing. Then you have the coaches throwing the S under the bus while they continue to play Fentress

This scheme is killing our players. Bush, Crawford, Carter are all head hunters. And all should be SS . We need someone who can play the ball in the air at FS which we don't have. We have 5 SS playing safety with no FS. You can say Jenkins is our only true FS.
I love when they put Gunter at Safety it brought another dynamic. Gettting Howard and burns on The field. Coaches have no idea what their personnel is.

Advertisement
Anyone who says, "he hasn't lit it up" is living in a delusional state. If it was just Carter, fine. But when it's player, after player, after player that offers from LSU, Bama, UF, FSU, etc. that aren't "lighting it up" and are playing behind Fentress and Rodgers and Highsmith, it's on coaching and development by aforementioned coaches.

I agree with the post but is it really necessary to say "African"...I mean come on man. You can establish your point by just saying Fentress

Advertisement
You don't buy in you don't play, thats the Golden way. Jamal is a savage the type of player that you would see coming here in the late 90's and early 2000's. He's a player that plays off instincts, natural ability, and passion the kind of player someone like Butch Davis or Jimmy Johnson would turn into a legend. In this soft environment of moral victories a player like him will never excel.

Bush was better in his first games as a true freshmans than he is now 3 years in. Of course, I'm sure that's his fault too.

Carter, who everyone wanted, hasn't progressed at all. So, instead of our 4 star safeties we're playing Natambu The Actor.

The clouds have moved into the inside of these kids' heads because our staff pulls **** like:

"Don't worry about Georgia Tech running the ******* ball up the middle, at the snap you should be running backwards to take away the deep ball" which puts these kids in a Kafka-esque state of complete uselessness and physical purgatory.

They should all be listed as questionable week to week because of "brain melt" induced by coaches filling their heads with bull****.

Landon Collins looks like Ed Reed for Alabama....if he had come here, he would probably be 3rd string and we'd be *****ing he would be a better linebacker.

Advertisement
Back