Duke is slower and lost all his explosiveness

NinoCane

Thunderdome
we ruined poors kids carreeer, guy put on fat and looks slow now, lost all explosiveness, whoever thought it was a good to put all that weight on him needs to be fired, the human body NATURALLY cannot put on all that muscle, maybe 5 lbs LEAN MUSCLE MAX if everything is perfect, he looked slow and indecisive.

Advertisement
Completely disagree......he had no line to block for him what so ever and they were stacking 9 in the box....the few times he had some running room he looked great

Didn't look slow to me. Just had no place to go most of the game because the blocking was non-existent.

Yeah, I don't agree even a little bit.

The one time he caught the edge, man he looked swift as ****. The guy just had black jerseys all over him almost every time he took a handoff. **** shame too.

Amazing to me that he almost gets 100 when he never really had a chance. Hope we can start opening some holes. He deserves a chance to shine.

Wrong. The kid had absolutely no windows last night. Nothing, nada, zilch. Plenty of speed. Just no way to show it. On the few occasions he had a hint of a hole, he blew through it just like he always does.

Advertisement
we ruined poors kids carreeer, guy put on fat and looks slow now, lost all explosiveness, whoever thought it was a good to put all that weight on him needs to be fired, the human body NATURALLY cannot put on all that muscle, maybe 5 lbs LEAN MUSCLE MAX if everything is perfect, he looked slow and indecisive.

Lol c'mon bro. Criticize the team all you want, but there was nothing about Dukes game last night that concerned me. When he actually got a crease, he exploded through it. His stiff arm was as dominant as ever. Blame the O-line for not giving him enough holes if anything. But Duke still looked as dangerous as ever in my eyes.

To me he hasn't been the same runner since he had that bout of fumblitis last season, he seems way too concerned about ball protection and runs timidly

Advertisement
To me he hasn't been the same runner since he had that bout of fumblitis last season, he seems way too concerned about ball protection and runs timidly

Please show me one play last night that described what you or the OP just said. Criticize the O-line, as well as the staff for the hundreds of mistakes they made. But Duke's fine and will be fine when he goes to the NFL next year. Yes.....it's going to happen.

Get the kid in some ******* space. We waited till almost 3/4 of the game was done to throw a swing pass (easily executed, no read, low risk, high reward) to one of the presumed best playmakers in all of college football. That's impressive.

Advertisement
My only problem with Duke, and I have been saying this, is he does not lower his pads when he takes contact and does not use his stiff arm.

Example, on the run when Duke broke down the sideline, the DB had a free shoot at him because Duke never lowered his shoulder and was running wide open.

Advertisement

it's hard to be explosive when your yards after contact stat begins 3 yards in the backfield on every play.

**** post.

Get the kid in some ******* space. We waited till almost 3/4 of the game was done to throw a swing pass (easily executed, no read, low risk, high reward) to one of the presumed best playmakers in all of college football. That's impressive.

This.

Duke looked great to me, he just didn't have any opportunities to make plays. Coaches job to put players in position to succeed, neither our DC or OC does that.

Advertisement
Back