Spring 2024 Spring Games (other than the Canes)

Unless that’s a bit, you’d think you could do better than that ****** tattoo with all that money.
The real trick would be figuring out how to make it worse, that looks like some **** a girlfriend drew on with a pen between classes in middle school

Advertisement
Advertisement
They return 15 of 22 starters.

And have signed 3 top 5 classes the last 3 years. Plus they added 8 Portal players this year with 5 of them being really good instant impact players.

They're definitely in line to make another playoff run.
Yea that's definitely set up nice and QB back with playoff experience.. remember last year saying with bama, OSU, Clemson and UGA breaking in new QBs a team like mich and Texas could snatch a championship in that type of season..

Mich wit vet squad capitalized, let's see if Texas can.. tho I would imagine UGA definitely strikes back

Yea that's definitely set up nice and QB back with playoff experience.. remember last year saying with bama, OSU, Clemson and UGA breaking in new QBs a team like mich and Texas could snatch a championship in that type of season..

Mich wit vet squad capitalized, let's see if Texas can.. tho I would imagine UGA definitely strikes back
#DeathToUGA

Advertisement
Ive seen enough FSU spring game thougths:

Offense: DJU and Mertz are the exact same QB. This is not a bad thing per se they can make throws but also put the ball in harms way. Solid college QB. DJU runs more which could come back to bite them as an injury to him and they are food. O line looks solid, RB's look ok, they only have one good WR in Malik Benson Destyn Hill being out for the season really hurts them. Their Offense will be Average

Defense: D line is bipolar. One play they look elite and the next play they get pushed on their ***. Darrell Jackson is average af... Farmer is much better imo. Their D line is better at rushing the passer and are average at run defense. LB's are mid, CB's are very good and AZ is elite. Safeties are average. Their defense will be very good still but not elite like last year.

Based on Spring games I would say our biggest competition in the ACC is 1. Clemson, 2/3/4- FSU/Lousiville/GT. IM very intrigued on GT this year and the GT vs FSU game should be a fun one to watch... I really like what i saw from GT. We'll see

- Malik Benson went down with what looked to be an ankle injury; had to be helped off the field & couldn't put any pressure on his left ankle/foot.

- FSU's gonna miss Trey Benson big time

- DJ Ukulele still very inaccurate, completed 45% of his passes (in the 1st half). Looked solid as a runner. Will mostly work the seams with the TE's & throw Out routes to the WR's.

- Secondary looks good; their CB group can stick. Edwin Joseph, Cai Baites & Az Thomas all looked good in coverage.

- DLine is thin upfront

- Not going undefeated, not even a question about it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When discussing fspoo I like to look at what transpired last year:
Fspoo had Trey benson.
We had a freshman who wasn’t ready at qb.
Fspoo had Jordan Travis.
Keon Coleman didn’t destroy us but made timely plays on our injured secondary.

All three problems solved. Seems their dbs will be good. Our receivers will be good. And we have an upper echelon qb who will have a good line in front of him. Need a playmaker at rb but seems we will get the Oregon state kid. Plus we’re at home this year and I got tickets. We roll.

Advertisement
Mccord has always been nice. I said when we were about to get stuck with Poffenbarger that we should pony up for Mccord to salvage the season.

But thank god for Cam Ward

Advertisement
Back