2024 NFL Draft Thread

Dolphins fans how are we feeling? I was pretty meh on the pick but saw he had great testing numbers and is really athletic. I was told with the DC hire from Baltimore that Chop will play a key part? I still think if want to compete with good teams we need to prevent tua from being pressured in 1.8 seconds on the interior lol

Advertisement
interesting observation - the amount of right tackles picked in the first round. Don't recall that being a thing. LT has always been the dominant position but this first was littered with right tackles and guys who won't play LT in the pros (the duke kid, the Zona kid, etc).

interesting observation - the amount of right tackles picked in the first round. Don't recall that being a thing. LT has always been the dominant position but this first was littered with right tackles and guys who won't play LT in the pros (the duke kid, the Zona kid, etc).
Duke kid is a Center.

Duke kid is a Center.

Correct but he played LT in college. That was my point. Even the LTs that played LT in college, many of them won't be LTs in the pros. That's a lot of OL in the first round that won't be LTs in the pros.

Advertisement
Correct but he played LT in college. That was my point. Even the LTs that played LT in college, many of them won't be LTs in the pros. That's a lot of OL in the first round that won't be LTs in the pros.
Ehhh I chop it up more to the best Olinemen on your team getting pushed to play LT…

Zach Martin was a LT at ND and he’s been an all all pro RG his whole career after being picked I believe 16th…

Advertisement
**** it, lets ride. Didn't predict trades. Just fit and match and being keen to who visited who.

1. CHI - Caleb Williams
2. WAS - Jayden Daniels
3. NE - (if they stay here) Drake Maye
- could also be the Giants in a trade up to take Maye
4. ARZ - Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. SD - Joe Alt
(if they trade down, JC Latham)
6. NYG - Malik Nabors if they stay put, this becomes a hot spot if they move up for Maye...maybe McCarthy goes here.
7. TEN - (if Alt and Nabors are off the board, they'll trade down. One of them are there, they'll take one) - Ola Fashanu in a trade down. POSITION
8. ATL - Quinyon Mitchell
9. CHI - Jared Verse
10. NYJ - (probably trade down spot) Troy Fautanu POSITION
11. MIN - (probably a trade up) JJ McCarthy
is who they have met the most with
12. DEN - Terrion Arnold
13. LV - Byron Murphy
14. NO - JC Latham POSITION
15. IND - Xavier Worthy (or Brock Bowers)
16. SEA - (possible trade down) Braden Fiske POSITION
17. JAX - (possible trade up >10) Rome Odunze POSITION
18. CIN - Taliese Fuaga POSITION
19. LAR - Bo Nix
20. PIT - Amarius Mims POSITION
21. MIA - Laiatu Latu POSITION
22. PHI - Tyler Guyton
23. MIN - Dallas Turner
24. DAL - Graham Barton POSITION
25. GB - Brock Bowers
26. TB - Jackson Powers-Johnson POSITION
27. ARI - (pass rusher in a trade up?) - Kool-Aid McKinstry
28. BUF - Keon Coleman
29. DET - Darius Robinson
30. BAL - Chop Robinson
31. SF - Ladd McConkey POSITION
32. KC - Kingsley Suamataia

Best Available for R2 - DeJean, Newton, Wiggins, Morgan, Frazier
Nailed the first 6. 8 picks correct. Another 9 got the correct position.

*Updated, nailed the Buffalo pick and KC-PLAYER too. 10 correct team-player, 11 correct team-position (I'm a dummy and didn't include SEA-DT and SF-WR last night).

I'll do better next year.

Last edited:
NFL teams are understanding it doesn’t matter if it is rt or Lt. Lt isn’t inherently more valuable. The only question is where the guy can play. Once they begin their nfl career at one it’s very difficult for them to switch.

Dolphins fans how are we feeling? I was pretty meh on the pick but saw he had great testing numbers and is really athletic. I was told with the DC hire from Baltimore that Chop will play a key part? I still think if want to compete with good teams we need to prevent tua from being pressured in 1.8 seconds on the interior lol
Solid B. He's a young guy so there's a lot of room to mold him plus he supposedly has great personality. Chop has that high-end energy that we'll miss from Wilkins. Yes, Weaver's usage of the Ravens DL kept everyone fresh preventing significant injuries. I think most if not all of their DL/EDGE played 16+ games. They rotated that front seven a lot.

Worthy would have been a great pick, but he's too similar to Tyreek and Waddle, plus I don't think Tua is the QB to utilize that speed best. They're going to pick an OL either today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back