You see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze
A moper looks you right between the eyes
You're paralyzed...

jwQbzxqD.gif

Advertisement
I'm not arguing that the quality of bowl games hasn't diminished. The whole idea that we will field a completely different team in September is crazy. We had by my count 16 starters on the field. Is that is not enough to beat a 6-6 Rutgers team? The cupboards still bare 2 years in?
I think we lost because we couldn’t stop the run and we had a pick and punt block that led to 14 points for Rutgers. Rutgers had the ball for 35 minutes and we didn’t force any turnovers or enough negative plays. Guidry the Gawd’s defense was horrible, but I don’t think he’s a horrible coordinator. He was handicapped by personnel - injuries, opt outs, and lack of depth. LT and our safeties being out was definitely a factor in not being able to stop the run. We basically had no DL aside from Bain.

Should we be able to beat a 6-6 Rutgers team? Yes, of course. Does that fall on Mario? Yes. The game was very frustrating to watch. I wouldn’t say the game didn’t matter either, although I personally didn’t really care if we were 7-6 or 8-5 or 9-4 this year. It’s all just different degrees of irrelevance. What is more important to me is laying a foundation to have a deep, talented, and experienced team that can compete for things that matter starting next year and in the coming years (along with improving the football operation so we don’t end up in the AAC).

Jury is still out on that from my perspective. I’m not giving Mario unlimited rope, but we’ve been wandering the wilderness for 20 years and I have the patience to let him work towards a sustainable fix at this point. I also understand why some are losing or have lost patience with him, but many of you guys never wanted him from the jump.

Advertisement
I think we lost because we couldn’t stop the run and we had a pick and punt block that led to 14 points for Rutgers. Rutgers had the ball for 35 minutes and we didn’t force any turnovers or enough negative plays. Guidry the Gawd’s defense was horrible, but I don’t think he’s a horrible coordinator. He was handicapped by personnel - injuries, opt outs, and lack of depth. LT and our safeties being out was definitely a factor in not being able to stop the run. We basically had no DL aside from Bain.

Should we be able to beat a 6-6 Rutgers team? Yes, of course. Does that fall on Mario? Yes. The game was very frustrating to watch. I wouldn’t say the game didn’t matter either, although I personally didn’t really care if we were 7-6 or 8-5 or 9-4 this year. It’s all just different degrees of irrelevance. What is more important to me is laying a foundation to have a deep, talented, and experienced team that can compete for things that matter starting next year and in the coming years (along with improving the football operation so we don’t end up in the AAC).

Jury is still out on that from my perspective. I’m not giving Mario unlimited rope, but we’ve been wandering the wilderness for 20 years and I have the patience to let him work towards a sustainable fix at this point. I also understand why some are losing or have lost patience with him, but many of you guys never wanted him from the jump.
I do not comment on coaching hires until I see on field product. I wanted a different coach but I didn't say one negative word about Mario until I had supporting evidence.

I do not comment on coaching hires until I see on field product. I wanted a different coach but I didn't say one negative word about Mario until I had supporting evidence.
Fair enough. You won’t hear me arguing there is no supporting evidence for your position. Definitely requires a wide lens to be a non-mope.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Slurper X2🤢🤢🤢
I wasn't for a Mario hire but for 20 years I watched this board say we need more time, celebrate 3 stars like they were under armor all Americans. we get a guy who can recruit and has a standard for the caliber of kid he wants in the program and its no patience at all.

Advertisement
Back