2 questions for the fans.

If either scenario were to happen - especially beating FSU - wouldn't have to fret over making peace with Al. His star would have risen - and he'd be gone.

Sadly, this is already too ugly and don't see a long-term relationship. Either he wins some games, brushes up his resume and jumps to another job or the school cuts ties after next season.

Advertisement
2 questions for this board.

1st: if al golden beats FSU will everyone stop calling for his head wait to see how next year shakes out?

2: if al golden and the canes close out the season with only 1 more loss to FSU and doesn't win the coastal but goes on and wins a bowl game will everyone quit calling for his head and wait and see how next season shakes out? Opinions please?

1. Yes. I think it's the only way.

2. Even winning out with the exception of FSU and winning a bowl game, means we still lose the Coastal. Again. The weakest year of the weakest division in the P5, and we still can't win it. If we can't win it this year, with several decent recruiting classes under Golden's belt and years to allow him to implement "his defensive scheme", we will likely never win it under him.

No and no.

Did you watch the ND/FSU game? Be completely honest with yourself, do we look ANYWHERE close to those teams? ND would put 350 + rushing yards, 45 + points and their front 7 would hold our Offense to under 17 points.

And they couldn't beat FSU. But we will cause it's a rivalry game?

I'm pretty sure kirby freeman beat fsu, anything is possible.

Are you seriously comparing this FSU team to that one? Seriously?!?!?

1st: if al golden beats FSU will everyone stop calling for his head wait to see how next year shakes out?

2: if al golden and the canes close out the season with only 1 more loss to FSU and doesn't win the coastal but goes on and wins a bowl game will everyone quit calling for his head and wait and see how next season shakes out? Opinions please?

negged for wasting my **** time on this girly crap...

No. One win doesn't erase 3.5 of getting blown out constantly. The fact that you are even entertaining hypos like this...

Some of you all are hilarious (really quite sad) with your BWS approach to Canes football. "Guys if we can just beat FSU, maybe, just maybe, Golden will have finally changed!!!" Until Golden gets blown out at the end of the season again, or to use the BWS theme, until the wife gets the **** beat out of her again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
beating FSU and Golden should never be used in the same sentence. I have lost all faith in AG....its like finding your wife in bed with your best friend...no trust left. I aint working to find a way to trust him...he has to work to gain his trust back. Until then **** him!

No and no.

Did you watch the ND/FSU game? Be completely honest with yourself, do we look ANYWHERE close to those teams? ND would put 350 + rushing yards, 45 + points and their front 7 would hold our Offense to under 17 points.

kirby. freeman.

No and no.

kirby. freeman.

Al. Golden.

Advertisement
No and no.

kirby. freeman.

Al. Golden.

Kirby Freeman as a QB makes Al look like Nick Saban reincarnate.

I'll answer those questions with a question that has the same exact answer:

Will either of those scenarios come to fruition?

No.

2 questions for the OP.

1st: Post less

2: Ok so that's not technically a question but it's sound advice

kirby. freeman.

Al. Golden.

Kirby Freeman as a QB makes Al look like Nick Saban reincarnate.

Didn't NC State come close and that is barely and rivalry game so. I think it's possible with like a 20 percent chance.

Advertisement

Quality of the game is as important as the result to me. A win out(including bowl) with a close loss to FSU where our defense plays aggressive and the coaching staff appears to have gameplanned and turned the corner and I say give him another chance.

The problem is, Albert has actively campaigned against changing anything about his coaching style. Hes been very vocal blaming losses on players and missed assignments. Hes his own worst enemy.

Turning the corner is just not going to happen because he chooses not to.

The answer is simply no to both and here's why to answer your questions

In this scenerio we beat FSU would the heat come off? Yes temporarily but if we don't win the coastal but beat FSU that means we didn't make it because we lost to a lesser team once again. We would have had to lose vs VA Tech, NC, Pitt or UVA.

How would you justify beating the #2 team in the nation but losing once again to an unranked opponent. That's where we have the disconnect as fans now.

Now if somehow the stars and moon were to align and the gods were on our side and we won out, beat FSU but lost in the ACCCG but won a bowl game, but looked improved whIle doing all this, THEN you might see the heat come off a bit. Notice all the BUTS I used there

But this team is Jekyll and Hyde...D looked decent vs Duke but takes a giant s*it a week later

Last edited:
1. NO!

2. **** NO!

At this point only one thing would make me ok with keeping Golden. He fires Mark and hires Butch Davis as DC with complete authority of defense, recruiting Czar and gives him final say on S&C issues. Al continues as head baby kisser, in home visits and talking but agrees to cut a year off his contract for very special team ***** up it he keeps coaching them. Anything short of that, the NO. We have seen enough. GT running dive after dive and Al backs DP up further and further. That is just frigging stupid.

Advertisement
I don't understand what else everyone needs to see...?

It's year 4 and we don't do ANYTHING particularly well on EITHER side of the ball.

The cloud's been gone and yet our recruiting class, desperate for impact players on defense, is bereft of them.

What's going to be different next year?

090914-CFB-Miami-Hurricanes-Butch-Davis-SS-PI.jpg

No and no.

kirby. freeman.

You mean the last QB to win a bowl game for Miami? WTF are you talking about you ******* idiot?

Advertisement
Back