2 questions for the fans.

Advertisement
2 questions for this board.

1st: if al golden beats FSU will everyone stop calling for his head wait to see how next year shakes out?

2: if al golden and the canes close out the season with only 1 more loss to FSU and doesn't win the coastal but goes on and wins a bowl game will everyone quit calling for his head and wait and see how next season shakes out? Opinions please?

1. Yep as long as the defensive scheme and adjustments look like the duke game for the remaining schedule. Results oriented not more bunker mentality play followed by empty cue card material.

2. Idk. See response to 1.

1. No
2. No

I've seen all I need to see. If Golden were capable of changing, we'd have seen it long ago. The man is so wed to his ****** defensive scheme and pillars that he keeps trying the same thing over and over hoping for different results. The man is insane. I'm not. GTFOOH Al and company.

1st: if al golden beats FSU will everyone stop calling for his head wait to see how next year shakes out?

2: if al golden and the canes close out the season with only 1 more loss to FSU and doesn't win the coastal but goes on and wins a bowl game will everyone quit calling for his head and wait and see how next season shakes out? Opinions please?

If he doesn't will you slurpers stfu?

Advertisement
Even in the craziest scenario where we would beat FSU. I would be willing to bet golden would resort back to old and we'd lose the next game to virginaa.

But were not beating fsu.

There isn't anything he can do. When it's clear he's not the right guy to lead you to championships then you need to cut ties.

Let me ask you this, if we win out and beat FSU and win the bowl game would that change your opinion of this coaching staff? Would you really go into the next season with hope? I wouldn't. Goldens ceiling is making the ACC title game and that's just because the coastal is ***.

If he could accomplish either of those then yea, I could give him next season. But with the track record of his teams I just don't like the odds of that happening. He hasn't shown that he can beat six quality teams in a row, **** he hasn't shown he can beat 5 out 6. its just too much of a stretch.

No
No

IMO, AL and Dino are poor coaches. And they are not showing a willingness to get better. Players tackle like crap because that's how they practice. Players seemed confused on assignments because what they're responsibilities are not being communicated well. Players are out if position to make plays because that's where they're told to line up.

One or two wins will not justify keeping this regime in place.

Last edited:
Advertisement

1)Perfect example of how we have regressed with our expectations as a fan base. Beating FSU regardless how ****ty our season is going, will save a coach?
2)ACCCGOGTFOH!!!!!!!

Now a question for you. When exactly did you just give up and became complacent with us becoming and staying a mediocre ACC program? Seriously there just isn't anything that can happen that will change my mind about Al Golden. We would have to win out and win out kicking *** for me to even think about not calling for Al's head. I still remember what this program is supposed to look like…..

I have not given up. He has had about 2 years out of the 4 to actually show us what he is made of and to be honest he hasn't shown much. But unlike all the other fans on here I realize that being the head coach of this program the last 4 years hasn't been easy last year other than the game at duke I was happy with our result given what we have. This year not so much because quite frankly they have sucked. But go look at the trending up article. I don't like him as a head coach at this point but if he beats FSU and finishes out strong maybe losing one I'll be ecstatic. Why? Because they are the number 1 team in the country and our rival and because that will mean progress. Hiring a new coach will hurt us as well and we won't get a high profile coach and sure as **** won't hire butch Davis and rightfully so because other than recruiting he hasn't done jack ****. So let this coach build his team and see what he can do atleast one more season baring this years results. Regardless what y'all think none of you no what the f your talking about.

no and no, he refused to adapt to Nebraska and GT or he has the lowest football iq I seen.

1. Depends on the rest of the games. Beating FSU would be terrific. But if we lost our other games I'd consider it a fluke.

2. 8-4 with a bowl win would buy Al another year in a lot of people's eyes. Thats about what I expected, because I don't expect much from Al's Miami teams, as presently constituted. Meh. Mediocre. Kind of stuck. Another year of watching this defense.... Smdh. No thanks.

No and no.

Did you watch the ND/FSU game? Be completely honest with yourself, do we look ANYWHERE close to those teams? ND would put 350 + rushing yards, 45 + points and their front 7 would hold our Offense to under 17 points.

And they couldn't beat FSU. But we will cause it's a rivalry game?

Advertisement
I'm gonna be fair to Al. He get's his next grade thursday night, that's it. At this point hypotheticals are meaningless. Let's see what he can do Thursday. 9 wins including the Bowl would turn this board around in his favor, and so would someone showing up and giving us a voucher for free gold.

If I won the lottery I'd retire in my 30s. But, like your hypotheticals, that has a nearly impossible chance of occurring.

Just keep in mind in all these possible scenarios, GT lost to a 2-4(0-2) UNC team. Louisville lost to UVA. The future schedule isn't bright.

IMHO, yes. The only thing that should realistically temper the heat under his *** now is to either to A) Win out or B)Beat everyone else but play FSU tough and then a convincing bowl against what will definitely be a cupcake team.

No more embarrassing losses, and no more losses because of defensive philosophy.

Advertisement
Every off season they have told us more experience and more years in the system and the team will get better. Give it up, we are going backwards. They learn nothing, they change nothing. I know some of you at fixated on Golden like some type of crush.....but sorry he is fixated on No D. No room for a third wheel. We have the worst coaching staff in the ACC and I have a strange feeling we will lose to UNC bad....which will be it. Losing to FSU and VT is foregone conclusion IMO.

Neither of those things should get Al next year. He's lucky he hasn't be canned so far THIS year, and now you want to give him another year?

The only thing that should be able to save his job is, win out, win ACCCG and win Orange Bowl (or whatever bowl we get for being ACC champs). That's it. Anything less and he should be looking for work.

Barring a 5-7 catastrophic finish, don't get your hopes up about al not being here next year. The best we can hope for is a forced change in defensive philosophy and staff.

No and no.

Did you watch the ND/FSU game? Be completely honest with yourself, do we look ANYWHERE close to those teams? ND would put 350 + rushing yards, 45 + points and their front 7 would hold our Offense to under 17 points.

And they couldn't beat FSU. But we will cause it's a rivalry game?
I'm pretty sure kirby freeman beat fsu, anything is possible.

Advertisement
Back