Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Good get tbh.

They now have two very good WRs, our pass rush needs to get home early and often or our secondary will have a tough time consistently guarding Wilson and Badger. Was hoping Arizona would win out here.
He caught, what, 3 TD's last year?

Advertisement
Unlike the women you sample, I am reliably consistent. I said Badger was the better player when we were after both, I am not changing that opinion because of the uniform he’ll be wearing on the 31st.
LOL of course you do. The amount of self-loathing you do must be exhausting.

So did Sam Brown, and that's not indicative of him not being good.

I think it's OK to admit the Gators got a good pick up here and no need ti downplay it.
He's a perfectly good pickup, just think Brown was a better on. He may have only caught 3 TD's (Golden and Manjack both caught 6 each) but he led Houston in catches and yards per catch. Badger was the only WR to have north of 21 catches last year.

Advertisement

I think it's OK to admit the Gators got a good pick up here and no need ti downplay it.
Disagree Office Space GIF by MOODMAN

Their schedule is still insane. But they prob have enough to get to 5 wins. We shouldn’t be one. And 5 wins is enough to get Billy another year if most of the losses are competitive.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You know that we agree on many things, so just out of curiosity, I will ask why it is necessary to admit that the Gators got a good pick up here?

I can admit that that they got a wide receiver who has had great production but who also had a serious back injury. I do not know if it will turn out great or terribly for the Gators. What I DO suspect, however, is that if a lot of other WR-needy schools did not pursue a guy with OBVIOUS productivity, might it be possible that the Gators are rolling the dice just as hard as they are doing with Cormani McClain?

Clearly I do not want the Gators to succeed. I don't believe Slingblade Billy will survive 2024. Maybe Badger will become the #2 WR that The Gator needs. But it's risky, and to make the immediate argument that "Badger > Brown" is, I believe, a misguided idea of what is really going on here.

That is all.

Advertisement
Back