Jacolby George needs more targets (video)

Advertisement
Advertisement
My instinct was to **** on George because there's a reason why he received the amount of targets he did. Truth is I like him and know he's one of the best in the ACC. Glad he's on the team and I hope he lives up to this new hype.

With him I'll be satisfied if he can be as productive as last year minus the dumb stuff.

My instinct was to **** on George because there's a reason why he received the amount of targets he did. Truth is I like him and know he's one of the best in the ACC. Glad he's on the team and I hope he lives up to this new hype.

With him I'll be satisfied if he can be as productive as last year minus the dumb stuff.
I’m not saying I won’t be happy if he produces. I just don’t feel like we can trust him. When **** got hard for him, he turned to being a *****. That Rutgers corner was dogging him and he responded by acts of cowardice. Any team I ever played for, played against, players like that just rubbed me the wrong way And I could never trust them again. Prove me wrong, I really want him to, but I don’t see him doing that.

Advertisement
Well doo-doo on a stick.

Jacolby would have really fit in - back in our heydays.

Penalties? There were times we had multiple penalties on one single play - the Texas game was hilarious! And fun!

Not saying penalties are good - but you young guys perspective and expectations with a longing for further sanitation - are a bit contrary, compared to back in our best teams.

As I thought the goal of a team was to score more points than the opponent. If a guy scores and makes yards enabling more points - I don't care if he gives the opponent the finger on national television - in High Definition - and gets a 15 yard penalty - whereupon two plays later he breaks wide open and scores a touchdown.

If it costs us a game - well - that's different.

The one thing I've seen to date since Mario got here - we've been playing a bit too tight. Playing not to lose. So we lose.

Let's get some elements of the circus back into our game - into our team - I promise you - it's a whole lot more fun!

Well doo-doo on a stick.

Jacolby would have really fit in - back in our heydays.

Penalties? There were times we had multiple penalties on one single play - the Texas game was hilarious! And fun!

Not saying penalties are good - but you young guys perspective and expectations with a longing for further sanitation - are a bit contrary, compared to back in our best teams.

As I thought the goal of a team was to score more points than the opponent. If a guy scores and makes yards enabling more points - I don't care if he gives the opponent the finger on national television - in High Definition - and gets a 15 yard penalty - whereupon two plays later he breaks wide open and scores a touchdown.

If it costs us a game - well - that's different.

The one thing I've seen to date since Mario got here - we've been playing a bit too tight. Playing not to lose. So we lose.

Let's get some elements of the circus back into our game - into our team - I promise you - it's a whole lot more fun!
I agree with you in the Mario part.

But the comparison of getting back to the undisciplined old days has been played out. Maybe it's cyclical and coming back into the fan base.

George would not have fit in because his bad side comes out most when he's getting punked.

Advertisement
I agree with you in the Mario part.

But the comparison of getting back to the undisciplined old days has been played out. Maybe it's cyclical and coming back into the fan base.

George would not have fit in because his bad side comes out most when he's getting punked.

Yeah. Everyone wants a return to the old days of winning - but if given a choice between playing with a stick up your *** discipline that dominates losing seasons - I much rather have the undisciplined winners.

We can march out our strong, steady, disciplined Clydesdales - or we can mix it up with some Mavericks and play what I hear over and over and over - "Miami Standards Football."

I remember well - Miami Football. And it didn't look anything like what I've seen since - oh - about 2002.

SO. Which is more harmful - a dropped pass or a missed tackle or a missed block?

I really want to know.

Advertisement
Yeah. Everyone wants a return to the old days of winning - but if given a choice between playing with a stick up your *** discipline that dominates losing seasons - I much rather have the undisciplined winners.

We can march out our strong, steady, disciplined Clydesdales - or we can mix it up with some Mavericks and play what I hear over and over and over - "Miami Standards Football."

I remember well - Miami Football. And it didn't look anything like what I've seen since - oh - about 2002.

SO. Which is more harmful - a dropped pass or a missed tackle or a missed block?

I really want to know.
That's a false choice.

Many times over the last 20+ years the players gave in to the noise from fans and media about what they need to do. It's just never worked. The only think it gets us is inexplicably stupid penalties.

The glory days are gone. Any glory left to be had won't come from looking backward.

Advertisement
Back