Ryan Day will be next UM coach (article)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol.

We can go 2-10 next year, and MC will still be the HC in 2025.
Shane_Gillis_Gun_in_mouth_meme.gif

Yeah

Yeah, Mallory was pretty good carrying the load for that room

I appreciate your work and I don't disagree with you on the facts.

But like I brought up before coaches that end up taking their team to a title have often inherited teams with 3-7 wins and at least got them winning games fairly quickly. With the loser talent they inherited.

Mario's only unique special circumstance is he has the most financial support and the best facilities University of Miami has ever had in every category.
He’s a CEO type head coach (Ala Mack Brown) who relies on superlative recruiting. In that, he needs good coordinators. He failed in that in 2022.
You don’t feel like things have gone catastrophically wrong the last few years?
MTSU, Duke, FSU, and Pittsburgh were catastrophes in 2022.

Ga Tech was an inexplicable catastrophe in 2023.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario hasn’t beaten FSU. In fact Miami hasn’t beaten FSU since 2022 in anything other than some obscure girls sport.
Bruh, if Mario goes 0 for 3 against the girls school I'm not gonna want him either. Lose to the gater and it'll be DO NOT WANT to start the season. That being said, I'm not sure what Mario has to do with the equation. In the op, he's already been let go so it's not like we're choosing between Mario and Day. The premise is replacing M with D and to me that would just be more of the same.. good but not good enough.

He checks off all the boxes.

-11-12 wins are the down years
-Recruits better than Mario
-He's a playoff regular

He's actually everything that we were promised in Mario except for he wins games.

For all the people that are happy with seven wins and "progress" because we lose better? I would be happy with 12 wins and progress.
Day started off with a national championship level roster, and hasn’t won a national championship. Instead he’s lost to his rival 3 out of 4 tries.

Day lost to Cristobal, in his own stadium.

If we replace Cristobal, please give us an upgrade.

Yeah and Urban inherited a team that Al Golden curb stomped and he still went undefeated. And Jim Tressel inherited a garbage Ohio State team and two years later he was beating Miami in the championship game.

Excuses excuses
Jim Tressel’s team played well against Miami, but they never beat them.

Advertisement
Cane fans are the only organism that start eating their own program from the inside out, and on cue, every third year of a coach. There is a word for it, but I’m not that cruel.
No we ain’t. Come on bruh..

Advertisement
Back