Ryan Day will be next UM coach (article)

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium

Deep Space Nine Dislike GIF by Star Trek

Advertisement
He checks off all the boxes.

-11-12 wins are the down years
-Recruits better than Mario
-He's a playoff regular

He's actually everything that we were promised in Mario except for he wins games.

For all the people that are happy with seven wins and "progress" because we lose better? I would be happy with 12 wins and progress.

Last edited:

For Ryan Day to be coming to Miami in 2025 meant that something…or actually very many things…went catastrophically wrong this season. Probably improbably wrong, as in multiple meteor strikes.

This is an uninformed take that does not account for any of the moves made this offseason (39 new players).

-He's a playoff regular

He's actually everything that we were promised in Mario except for he wins games.

For all the people that are happy with seven wins and "progress" because we lose better? I would be happy with 12 wins and progress.
200.webp

Advertisement

-He's a playoff regular

Day had a more than viable offensive line than in 2022. Cristobal inherited a disaster.

Day had Stroud in 2022. We had TVD and Garcia.

Talent level at Ohio State has been very high for almost two decades. Miami was deficient in multiple positions when Cristobal took over. Unless Mario had $50M in NIL to spend that year he’s not fixing all of those deficiencies.

TVD being hurt and playing subpar last year cost us multiple games. If you want to blame Mario, blame him for not encouraging Van Dyke to transfer after 2022.

I bet you love The Man in the High Castle and other alternative fiction series.

I will be named Head Corch of our Miami Hurricanes in 2025 before Day does.

#IHaveABinder

PS Obligatory "Lane and/or The Pirate [RIP] would have KILLED it" in Coral Gables

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Day had a more than viable offensive line than in 2022. Cristobal inherited a disaster.

Day had Stroud in 2022. We had TVD and Garcia.

Talent level at Ohio State has been very high for almost two decades. Miami was deficient in multiple positions when Cristobal took over. Unless Mario had $50M in NIL to spend that year he’s not fixing all of those deficiencies.

TVD being hurt and playing subpar last year cost us multiple games. If you want to blame Mario, blame him for not encouraging Van Dyke to transfer after 2022.
Didn't Mario say that TVD was the best QB in the country? We can point to a lot of things in the program. But there is a person actually responsible for all of that stuff.

Historically it doesn't take this long for coaches to start winning games regardless of the disaster they inherited.

That excuse doesn't really ever work. The only acceptable version of that excuse is if Mario took over a program on probation. The problem is the coach we had when the team that was on probation won more games.

Advertisement
Day inherited an Urban Meyer team that averaged 11wins a year for 7 years and won a NATY. Mario followed Manny....
Yeah and Urban inherited a team that Al Golden curb stomped and he still went undefeated. And Jim Tressel inherited a garbage Ohio State team and two years later he was beating Miami in the championship game.

Excuses excuses

-He's a playoff regular

Ryan Day inherited a juggernaut from Meyer. The only thing you can say for sure about Day is he hasn't ****ed it.

Last edited:
Yeah and Urban inherited a team that Al Golden curb stomped and he still went undefeated. And Jim Tressel inherited a garbage Ohio State team and two years later he was beating Miami in the championship game.

Excuses excuses

Ryan Day inherited a juggernaut from Meyer. They only thing you can say for sure about Day is he hasn't ****ed it.

Advertisement
Back