Zunica gone

Advertisement
Yeah I wish he would have stuck it out at UM. He could have gotten some 1b and DH ab's next year. Best of luck to the kid.

God Bless him! I hope he finds a school and produces and makes it to the MLB!

Last edited:
**** thats disappointing I think very highly of this kid's potential and was looking forward to watching him develop as a Cane. Well I wish the kid the best of luck and hope he changes his mind.

Yeah I wish he would have stuck it out at UM. He could have gotten some 1b and DH ab's next year. Best of luck to the kid.
This.

At least he's going to a small college closer to home (State College of Florida near Bradenton). Could be a slim chance he returns on down the line. If not--best of luck, hope he makes it.

Advertisement
Stick it out? Come back? Who are you kidding? He gave up his HS draft to get here. Rarely saw the field at 1st. Never a start at 1st. Never a bullpen thrown let alone a pitch. Brought in a full year early as a 2 way player. A lot of kids complain about being lied to when they leave but this kid is a legit case of being massively misled. Hope to hear your name alot in the future as your future is very bright. Good Luck Zunica!!

Last edited:
Stick it out? Come back? Who are you kidding? He gave up his HS draft to get here. Rarely saw the field at 1st. Never a start at 1st. Never a bullpen thrown let alone a pitch. Brought in a full year early as a 2 way player. A lot of kids complain about being lied to when they leave but this kid is a legit case of being massively misled. Hope to hear your name alot in the future as your future is very bright. Good Luck Zunica!!

So another travel ball hero couldn't handle the first time in his life that he wasn't the starter? The staff showed that they are more than happy to put freshmen out there. Why would they single this kid out? If he was the goods he would have played.

It's tough to justify paying the 50-66% of UMs tuition when you're not playing much. Kids rarely stick around now if they're not playing as a freshman, especially those from not in the immediate area (who often live at home).

Advertisement
It's tough to justify paying the 50-66% of UMs tuition when you're not playing much. Kids rarely stick around now if they're not playing as a freshman, especially those from not in the immediate area (who often live at home).

Not only could it have been a financial decision on his part, he could also have been told he was going to have his scholarship reduced/ended etc... he could have quite possibly been pushed out.

I don't understand it. Dude was a freshamn, and whining about playing time on a bubble top 8 team in the country? LOL! The little he did conribute was glorified only because he "Should be a senior in HS".

Notice Morris found a spot for a guy that COULDE produce when Thompson returned, during one of the hottest streaks in college baseball history, in no time. If he could have contributed morte, he would have played more. I, a Morris critic of the worst sort the last 8 or so years, can see that.

Prima Donna, father pressuring him, kid would rather play for a clown college than earn his position at the U. Fine. But don't make him out to be a martyr saint.

I never heard any fan calling for Zunica to PH when the chips were down.

I am not for calling this kid a POS for doing this right before the Regionals (as if it mattered), he's only looking out for his best interest.

That being said, it is a pretty big ***** move.

Seek shelter elsewhere, BRO.

Advertisement

The fact that he came a year early with a number of older players at the positions he would have played means he would have been likely to sit a fair amount. If he has talent he also likely would have received significant playing time as a Sophomore. UM isn't cheap so i understand leaving, and wish the kid good luck, but coaches have to play the guys they feel give them the best chance at winning. I'm sure they told him had had a good chance to start when they were recruiting him, but there's no way for the coaching staff to know exactly how well a kids talent will translate until they start seeing them on level playing field with other college players. Its the nature of recruiting to take comments or promises about playing time from coaches with a grain of salt. To do otherwise is naive.

He did post a mea culpa about Morris a few weeks ago, saying he was totally wrong. The guy who derives no enjoyment from this team is Antwan.

This kid had a full academic ride! This is all about getting to the MLB draft earlier.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back