Zion Nelson

stb

Sophomore
Watched him in the game and he is a waist bender not a natural knee bender. Reaches out for blocks and is run around. Does not have the natural attributes of a LT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t fault the kid at all he’s not the one starting himself. He looks like a tight end. How has this staff not got somebody ready?

Haven’t seen enough to say Zion will or won’t be good, but it seems stupid to me to kill a kid who was a project and not ready for proving to be a project whose not ready.

agree, I was totally shocked when I heard he was going to start. What the **** happen to all of the upperclassmen. This kid should be on the bench for at least 3 years

I don’t fault the kid at all he’s not the one starting himself. He looks like a tight end. How has this staff not got somebody ready?

Haven’t seen enough to say Zion will or won’t be good, but it seems stupid to me to kill a kid who was a project and not ready for proving to be a project whose not ready.
Maybe theres nobody to get ready, Years of crappy coaching and recruiting. We should be used to this already.

We back and looked at 2 previous games I recorded. True he is reacher and not a naturally knee bender. It is also true S&C can add weight and muscle but really cannot remold what the kid already has as ability too much. Interesting that none of the others are ever chosen to play despite being much stronger even when Nelson is being consistently overpowered. Could they be any worse? Seems like the staff has a my way or the highway attitude.

Watched him in the game and he is a waist bender not a natural knee bender. Reaches out for blocks and is run around. Does not have the natural attributes of a LT.

ive said this from first time i watched him.

Advertisement
The question is, can it be fixed? OP seems to feel it can't be, or at least not much.

I read years ago that Kehoe would test prospects by having then kneel while trying to keep their heels flat on the ground. As I understood what he was doing, was testing natural flexibility in the legs. I don't know how much of this is a problem of flexibility, strength, technique or a combination. Some people are naturally very tight. I remember that the NFL team that had Jarrett Payton on their roster tried to put him through a special flexibility program since he was very tight, especially, I think, in his hamstrings.

I think there's only so much you can do to enhance flexibility.

Maybe Zion will have to eventually move to the right side.

really trying to wrap my head around this one, was our D just not exposing him, or is Manny not doing a good enough job of simulating game situations in camp where im thinking this guy stuck out as a huge problem from the get go

Advertisement
Back