Z’s Prospect Watch: NC LB/RB Jordan Poole

Advertisement
I'm not gonna lie...I like the kid as a RB. I would take him either way. If you twist my arm him or Troutman, I guess I would give Poole the nod. But he doesn't really play LB. I think he has the tools to make a good one.

But I think if the staff knows Troutman is close, and they have seen him in state playoffs vs. STA...They may just consider him good enough to not miss out on. Troutman doesn't strike me as a kid who will test poor though, doesn't he run track? I liked Flagg's tape, but can understand why some have athletic concerns. Toutman looks a little faster and smoother. I think in at least 1 backer a class or 2 outta 3 classes. They want that cerebral kid, kid who can really diagnose (That's what I love about Troutman, again not gonna act like I know every one of his read/responsibitiies in every play is, but this kid really looks like he is going to a spot before the offense is) I don't see many weaknesses with troutman other than slightly undersized. His tape is impressive.

I'm not gonna lie though, nice find here...Would love to take him and just find room. I have watched a few power backs last couple weeks too since I don't trust Franklin...And if Franklin does bounce I would take this kid as a RB IN A HEARTBEAT. **** if variety didn't matter (i.e. taking 2 big power backs in one class), I'd take both and that would be my RB class with an outside chance Poole moves to LB.
I did too but I sat on him as a back because of Thad. I wanted to kind of be realistic so I went with guys like Brendan Barrow. I like your idea of just taking him to take him and finding a spot. I just think this staff suffers from “smartest man in the room” syndrome and would try to marry him somewhere and miss him completely. Like I said I like Troutman, I just think you can’t pass up potential.

I'm not gonna lie...I like the kid as a RB. I would take him either way. If you twist my arm him or Troutman, I guess I would give Poole the nod. But he doesn't really play LB. I think he has the tools to make a good one.

But I think if the staff knows Troutman is close, and they have seen him in state playoffs vs. STA...They may just consider him good enough to not miss out on. Troutman doesn't strike me as a kid who will test poor though, doesn't he run track? I liked Flagg's tape, but can understand why some have athletic concerns. Toutman looks a little faster and smoother. I think in at least 1 backer a class or 2 outta 3 classes. They want that cerebral kid, kid who can really diagnose (That's what I love about Troutman, again not gonna act like I know every one of his read/responsibitiies in every play is, but this kid really looks like he is going to a spot before the offense is) I don't see many weaknesses with troutman other than slightly undersized. His tape is impressive.

I'm not gonna lie though, nice find here...Would love to take him and just find room. I have watched a few power backs last couple weeks too since I don't trust Franklin...And if Franklin does bounce I would take this kid as a RB IN A HEARTBEAT. **** if variety didn't matter (i.e. taking 2 big power backs in one class), I'd take both and that would be my RB class with an outside chance Poole moves to LB.
The only LB I consider a sure thing right now is Tyler Johnson because he's Quan's little bro (and even that doesn't mean much nowadays.) We can push for both Troutman & this kid. Shoot even Sagar if nesd be.

Advertisement
The only LB I consider a sure thing right now is Tyler Johnson because he's Quan's little bro (and even that doesn't mean much nowadays.) We can push for both Troutman & this kid. Shoot even Sagar if nesd be.

Hard to consider him a sure thing with those suspensions last year...And the fact HE NEVER does an interview.

Advertisement
10.9 100 at 225 pounds? Offer him NOW & push immediately

If that's a legit time and size, I foresee some DEAD safeties and corners when they try and tackle him when he's at full speed. That is of course if he plays running back.

Everybody is talking about Amari Daniels but I see an opportunity to recruit Mr. Poole. I again am perplexed by our choices.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our LB recruiting is finished. But if I knew we were gonna put Thomas Davis at LB, I would have rather us get Khayri Banton outta Jersey over Davis

Advertisement
Back