Young guys that caught my eye

chrisRMNU

Sophomore
I know the competition level, but there are differences in how some players look vs others. These are the young players that flashed for me.

Thad Franklin - I literally said wow when he took his first handoff and exploded through the hole. Def lacks top end speed, but his burst is very good. No wasted motion and runs with power.

Chase Smith - Dude was punishing anybody close to the ball regardless of the team hey were on. Drove through his tackles and looked to be very instinctual.

James Williams - Good job on the pick and would have had another but Bolden ran into him. However, it’s the physicality he plays with that I noticed. In particular, he ran through a blocker on one play so hard the kid’s helmet came off. He’s the kind of guy the other team has to keep track of because he’ll catch you if you’re napping.

Young WR’s - What a f&@king catch by Brinson. Seriously, are you kidding me? Kid looks the part of a future star. George and Smith looked great too as they both had TD’s. There’s no reason at all that Wiggins should see the field over any of these kids.

QB’s looked good too but it’s hard to say much against CCSU. But they still played a nice game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys guys guys. You and me would look good if we formed a team and played against s pop warner team. We would dominate.

Today there was 0 pressure 0 stress. 0 anything. We cannot in any way judge any player based on todays game.

It did not matter.

It's like hen guys look good in the spring game or in practice. Who cares.

When real competition is in front of them we will see

Brinson catch was fantastic. Probably not the day for us to **** on Cam … he was 10/100 2 TDs, 83 receiving TD…

It was great to see Thad appear in game ready shape
Cam had a great day, but it's not all about the numbers for me. Cam hit on 2 big plays in which there was a ton of space. Other than that, it was the same ole chop your feet for bit and then get taken down immediately by the first defender he gets close to. Then Thad comes in and explodes through the LOS and it felt like that first sip of beer on the weekend. I was immediately refreshed and eager for more of it.

I don't know. All I'm saying is that in the same game against the same opponents, those young guys just looked to have more game in them than their counterparts. Hopefully we see more of them down the road.

Advertisement
Guys guys guys. You and me would look good if we formed a team and played against s pop warner team. We would dominate.

Today there was 0 pressure 0 stress. 0 anything. We cannot in any way judge any player based on todays game.

It did not matter.

It's like hen guys look good in the spring game or in practice. Who cares.

When real competition is in front of them we will see
I beg to differ. I judged Wiggins and Cleveland Reed based off of what I saw today.

Agree that you can’t take what you saw today for anything coming in the future, but it was nice to see youth and them getting their time. Hopefully it left the coaching staff with alternatives and hopefully it gave the older guys reason to look over their shoulders. That’s what we need more of so that they can show us why the coaches are playing them despite looking like dead weight in the other games. Troutman looked like he wanted to kill somebody. Good to see TAC and Huff and know that they still have pulses. Loved seeing LT out there. WRs have bright futures. Same goes for whoever may be throwing the ball to them. OLine will be dominated by every team from here on this year. They barely got push against garbage competition. Safeties look good too. Exciting future if we can figure out how to play like men instead of scared children. Hoping that this gave them some wind in their sails. Can’t stand Manny these days but I don’t want to see this talent fall apart.

Cam had a great day, but it's not all about the numbers for me. Cam hit on 2 big plays in which there was a ton of space. Other than that, it was the same ole chop your feet for bit and then get taken down immediately by the first defender he gets close to. Then Thad comes in and explodes through the LOS and it felt like that first sip of beer on the weekend. I was immediately refreshed and eager for more of it.

I don't know. All I'm saying is that in the same game against the same opponents, those young guys just looked to have more game in them than their counterparts. Hopefully we see more of them down the road.
They did great. But in all honesty I think we’re seeing what we are looking for…. Whether it is there or not…

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was just glad they all played and had fun. The last thing we need to hear are portal rumblings with this lame duck staff.

Advertisement
Back