You knew this was coming eventually......4th division for P5?

Advertisement
Well, it's not a new division but I'd like to see a private school football conference.
  1. Boston College
  2. Rice
  3. Stanford
  4. Duke
  5. Vanderbilt
  6. Syracuse
  7. Miami
  8. Notre Dame
  9. USC
  10. Wake Forest
  11. Tulane
  12. TCU
  13. Tulsa
  14. Baylor
  15. SMU
  16. BYU
Vandy probably wouldn't leave the SEC and Rice doesn't have much of a program so drop those 2 and you have exactly 14 teams.

They private school conference could give far more generous "stipends" to players and get creative with other incentives like housing subsidies. Some dirty Alabama booster will let you borrow a Camaro? That's neat- at the University of Miami you'll get a legal $3500 per month housing subsidy and can rent an ocean view condo on South Beach.

Sign a huge deal with a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon, which would love to have the rights to games (and the private schools cover the entire country so viewers in every time zone). I'm tired of getting f#cked over by ACC refs, so I'm looking for any other opportunity for Miami to get out.

Well, it's not a new division but I'd like to see a private school football conference.
  1. Boston College
  2. Rice
  3. Stanford
  4. Duke
  5. Vanderbilt
  6. Syracuse
  7. Miami
  8. Notre Dame
  9. USC
  10. Wake Forest
  11. Tulane
  12. TCU
  13. Tulsa
  14. Baylor
  15. SMU
  16. BYU
Vandy probably wouldn't leave the SEC and Rice doesn't have much of a program so drop those 2 and you have exactly 14 teams.

They private school conference could give far more generous "stipends" to players and get creative with other incentives like housing subsidies. Some dirty Alabama booster will let you borrow a Camaro? That's neat- at the University of Miami you'll get a legal $3500 per month housing subsidy and can rent an ocean view condo on South Beach.

Sign a huge deal with a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon, which would love to have the rights to games (and the private schools cover the entire country so viewers in every time zone). I'm tired of getting f#cked over by ACC refs, so I'm looking for any other opportunity for Miami to get out.
Miami wont get out anytime soon.

And Alabama boosters arent giving you Camaros. Believe me.

Miami wont get out anytime soon.

And Alabama boosters arent giving you Camaros. Believe me.

I think the acc deal is through 2027.
Its not impossible to get out early, just very expensive (so I would hope Bezos would foot the bill). More realistically, I would rather jump to the Big 12 then re-up with the ACC.

If we ever get a school president that is serious about football, that is the move he or she should make and fax a picture of their middle finger to ACC HQ.

Advertisement
Its not impossible to get out early, just very expensive (so I would hope Bezos would foot the bill). More realistically, I would rather jump to the Big 12 then re-up with the ACC.
the only thing i can see happening is fbs seperating from the ncaa and starting to do their own stuff.

which a lot of athletic directors seem to be in favor of.

and tv deal wise, the acc gets more money.

Shts been coming for years.It was just a matter of time until the bigger schools broke away from the NCAA and took all their money with them...

Advertisement

If we ever get a school president that is serious about football, that is the move he or she should make and fax a picture of their middle finger to ACC HQ.

I'm with you. I've had it with this ******* basketball conference ******** us every chance they get.

I have zero respect for teams like Duke, North Carolina, or NC State. **** the state of North Carolina. That's not real football.

I've been saying we should join the SEC. But the Big 12 would be fine too. At least they actually play football in Texas, and being in conference could help us land recruits from that state.

It's not enough that the ACC refs ***** us every chance they have. It's further insult to injury that the teams they favor are *****-*** North Carolina basketball schools with ZERO tradition of playing winning football. It's a god**** insult and a joke. **** the ACC.

Advertisement
Back