Wyche 247 2/5

The fact that Wyche has a future ahead of him is quite an accomplishment given some of what he has overcome in the past.

-says “I went along the hard road but I never doubted myself,” “I didn’t qualify out of high school and junior college has been very stressful. It’s not easy having to pay for everything and being two thousand miles from home doesn’t make it any better. But I’ve stepped up to and overcame a lot of challenges in my life. People told me I would be nothing, dead, or in jail. It’s only gotten me stronger and here I am.”

-Wyche (6-4, 315) signed with Miami in December but that was when he hoped to enroll early, which didn’t happen. He even decommitted on Thursday only to turn around and recommit on Saturday. But he inked again today to enroll over the summer.

-says “I’ve been through a lot as far as trying to get into school and it’s finally paying off,” “I’m happy for my opportunity to play at Miami and I can’t wait to get down there. I can’t believe I’m part of such a historic program. I’m definitely going to make the best of this, that’s for sure.”

- he understands tomorrow isn’t promised, but today is an important step of progress.

-says “I always had the football dream coming up through high school,” “I wished that I could sign with a big school one day and it’s finally come true. It’s a blessing but I’m still hungry to keep working. Nothing gets handed to me and I know that.”

- officially visited on December 13th and that’s when he got more insight into what life will be like as a Hurricane.

-says “The whole ‘U’ family, it’s like being a part of a society that some people don’t even know about,” “Their team sticks together through hard times and I can relate to them on that. I learned how they keep battling and fighting no matter what.”

- personality is that of someone who believes actions speak louder than words.

-says “I’m not really a rah-rah type on the field, I just do my job,” “I make plays, line back up, and do it again. I like doing what I can to help the team but I’m not like a fancy dancer.”

- carries a grade of 90 from 247Sports and he had 26 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks, and an interception this past season.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DT-Michael-Wyches-Journey-Lead-to-Miami-175501

Advertisement
After I read his story I was rooting for him no matter where he ended up. I have nothing but respect for people who aren't handed everything, aren't raised in a stable environment, didn't attend some expensive private school. He's fought hard when most would have given up or given in to another life.

This kind of stuff sticks out to me. I wanted this kid to succeed at any college. I'm glad he'll get his shot at Miami. Hopefully his time here opens him up to a whole different level of life and people and he continues his successful path. Im rooting hard for this kid.

Advertisement
The fact that Wyche has a future ahead of him is quite an accomplishment given some of what he has overcome in the past.

-says “I went along the hard road but I never doubted myself,” “I didn’t qualify out of high school and junior college has been very stressful. It’s not easy having to pay for everything and being two thousand miles from home doesn’t make it any better. But I’ve stepped up to and overcame a lot of challenges in my life. People told me I would be nothing, dead, or in jail. It’s only gotten me stronger and here I am.”

-Wyche (6-4, 315) signed with Miami in December but that was when he hoped to enroll early, which didn’t happen. He even decommitted on Thursday only to turn around and recommit on Saturday. But he inked again today to enroll over the summer.

-says “I’ve been through a lot as far as trying to get into school and it’s finally paying off,” “I’m happy for my opportunity to play at Miami and I can’t wait to get down there. I can’t believe I’m part of such a historic program. I’m definitely going to make the best of this, that’s for sure.”

- he understands tomorrow isn’t promised, but today is an important step of progress.

-says “I always had the football dream coming up through high school,” “I wished that I could sign with a big school one day and it’s finally come true. It’s a blessing but I’m still hungry to keep working. Nothing gets handed to me and I know that.”

- officially visited on December 13th and that’s when he got more insight into what life will be like as a Hurricane.

-says “The whole ‘U’ family, it’s like being a part of a society that some people don’t even know about,” “Their team sticks together through hard times and I can relate to them on that. I learned how they keep battling and fighting no matter what.”

-says “I’m not really a rah-rah type on the field, I just do my job,” “I make plays, line back up, and do it again. I like doing what I can to help the team but I’m not like a fancy dancer.”

- carries a grade of 90 from 247Sports and he had 26 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks, and an interception this past season.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DT-Michael-Wyches-Journey-Lead-to-Miami-175501

This is even the way Hurricane fans are...secret society.

Advertisement
Love that quote from him, kid figured out what it meant to be a Cane before he has even had a chance to step on the field.

This is even the way Hurricane fans are...secret society.

Advertisement
Back