would this sites' posters have been better coaches than al

Advertisement
Some yes. I would! D-Money would be my recruiting coordinator. Coach Macho would run my defense. We would lock down Orlando and below and make everyone hate us!

Some yes. I would! I would have D-Money as my recruiting coordinator. Coach Macho would run my defense. We would lock down Orlando down and make everyone hate us!

Advertisement
Miami had 2 great HCs, one very good one, and the best recruiter in history. Coaching is very hard and Miami is high risk/high reward job. If you are good enough it is ticket to NFL, if not, it is short ride to nowhere(a lot of coaches failed here). I doubt any of us would have done better than Golden, but we certainly would have tried some different things instead of insisting that failed ideas would work. That said, by year the end of 3, I would have taken any of your guys instead of Al.

If so, why aren't they coaching at a high level? I mean if they were better coaches, and could make 2 mil a year doing so, why aren't they? I know it's fun to rip on a failed coach, but get a grip.

I will say this, though, there are SEVERAL people who knew his philosophies weren't right for UM. But still, it takes a good coach to build a program and win, not just have the right style of D. Randy Shannon had pretty good defences, but couldn't win. Larry Coker overlooked some of the most potent offences in football back in the day, but he was a terrible head coach. It takes a total package to be successful, and if any of the brainiacs on here could do it, they would be doing it. If I were 7'4" and could shoot a basketball, I'd play basketball. If people on here could coach at a high level, they'd be doing it.

Now, down vote away all of you who think you can coach at a high level, make millions of dollars, but decide not to. You know who you are.

Advertisement
they couldn't have been worse

If UM hired head coaches who's accolades are barely graduating high school, first person in their neighborhood to cop the new yeezys, and identifying 90% of all sfl 3star recruits as sleepers then yes. Also if you can smoke ribs in the green lot automatic 5 year extension.

If so, why aren't they coaching at a high level? I mean if they were better coaches, and could make 2 mil a year doing so, why aren't they? I know it's fun to rip on a failed coach, but get a grip.

I will say this, though, there are SEVERAL people who knew his philosophies weren't right for UM. But still, it takes a good coach to build a program and win, not just have the right style of D. Randy Shannon had pretty good defences, but couldn't win. Larry Coker overlooked some of the most potent offences in football back in the day, but he was a terrible head coach. It takes a total package to be successful, and if any of the brainiacs on here could do it, they would be doing it. If I were 7'4" and could shoot a basketball, I'd play basketball. If people on here could coach at a high level, they'd be doing it.

Now, down vote away all of you who think you can coach at a high level, make millions of dollars, but decide not to. You know who you are.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back