Would an 11-1 season with ACCCG Win be enough for CFP?

It completely depends on what all the other teams do. It's a bit more difficult when you start from a lower ranking...

In a few years, we'd hopefully be starting with a top 10 ranking giving us one of the higher rankings for a one-loss team...that's not a guarantee this year....

I think so, I think we beat FSU. But honestly VT on Thursday night in Lane Stadium scares me... but if we drop that game but beat Clemson or Louisville in ACCCG, is that enough? I think it's a no brainer... but the committee will find some way to keep us out of it...

Could also easily go 10-2.... ND and VT... just curious

Advertisement
Perception is sec>acc.

Agree.

That said, the SEC still has the best win % for coaches which means they win more non-conference games than anyone. Miles getting replaced by Ed brought them down 2% from 67 to 65. The ACC jumped 3.5% this year from 61.3 to 64.8 with the four new coaches.

The good news, the ACC likely will finish ahead of the SEC this year which will help with perception.

One of the 2 conferences has been dominating the in state rivalry games lately and it's not the SEC.

The only exception was Richt dominating the UGA/Ga Tech game but he's no longer coach there.
Will be hilarious if gt beats Georgia this year

too many 1 loss teams would get in ahead of us IMO.. they will put two 1 loss SEC teams in before us IMO.

Irregardle'ss of anything else, 1 loss acc team doesn't get in over:

13-0 SEC
13-0 PAC
13-0 Big 10
12-0 Big 12
12-1 SEC conference champ
12-1 Pac conference champ
12-1 Conference champ Ohio St.
Any other team currently ranked ahead of us that finishes 12-1 conference champs
And even possibly an undefeated Houston this year

so as long as there are no more than 3 of those

I disagree, A 1 loss ACC championship team definitely gets in over a 1 loss Pac12 champion.
I Also think only the ACC and B1G have a chance at 2 teams in the CFP.

But do any of you guys seriously think we make it?

Only way 11-1 gets us in the playoff is a close loss to an undefeated Clemson or UL in the ACCCG assuming the loser of their matchup Sat ends their season with one loss

In that scenario Clemson, UL and Miami would all be in the top 5-7 ranked teams in the country and FSU ends with 3 losses (CU,UL and UM) but with wins against UF and Ole Miss

2 undefeated teams ranked in the top 5 playing in the ACCCG with Miami suffering a close loss would be our only way in my opinion as an 11-1 team

Giving Clemson or UL their 1st loss wouldn't be enough because of the hype both teams started the preseason with if we go into the game with a loss already because we'd need to make a statement and win big

Advertisement
3-0 looking to be 4-0 after Saturday. Don't give one **** about anything else but Saturday.

4358199.jpg

ND has lost 4 of the last 5, dating back to their bowl game and are in a funk... Surprisingly, I saw Pitt play, and because of their style, I think they'll give us a tougher game than ND!

Advertisement
UNC followed by VT on a short week is murder.Factor in the emotional drain of the FSU game and three games in twelve days.I feel like 2-1 during that stretch would be enough to keep us in the chase.

It completely depends on what all the other teams do. It's a bit more difficult when you start from a lower ranking...

Next year, we'd hopefully be starting with a top 10 ranking giving us one of the higher rankings for a one-loss team...that's not a guarantee this year....

I think so, I think we beat FSU. But honestly VT on Thursday night in Lane Stadium scares me... but if we drop that game but beat Clemson or Louisville in ACCCG, is that enough? I think it's a no brainer... but the committee will find some way to keep us out of it...

Could also easily go 10-2.... ND and VT... just curious

FIFY

no. with our schedule, we have to go undefeated and beat a top 5 Clemson or Louisville in the title game.

Advertisement
For ***** sake, can we play a single ACC game before you go off the rails?

One unexpected loss and you'll be firing Richt.

Slow your role Crenshaw. We're on our first date and youre trying to finger my ******* and spit on my chest hair.

Advertisement
Only way 11-1 gets us in the playoff is a close loss to an undefeated Clemson or UL in the ACCCG assuming the loser of their matchup Sat ends their season with one loss

In that scenario Clemson, UL and Miami would all be in the top 5-7 ranked teams in the country and FSU ends with 3 losses (CU,UL and UM) but with wins against UF and Ole Miss

2 undefeated teams ranked in the top 5 playing in the ACCCG with Miami suffering a close loss would be our only way in my opinion as an 11-1 team

Giving Clemson or UL their 1st loss wouldn't be enough because of the hype both teams started the preseason with if we go into the game with a loss already because we'd need to make a statement and win big

losing earlier is better than losing in the ACCCG. Its better to have good wins than good losses.
I much rather lose to GTech and win the rest of our games than win every game but lose to UL or Clemson in the Championship.
There is no way losing to Clemson/UL and beating UNC or GTech or Pitt is better than losing an odd game (closely) and beating an undefeated Clemson/UL

Advertisement
Back