Word is fletcher is out for the season…

I’m not even sure martinez is the back we need for this offense. Miami has missed having a home run element in the backfield for so long and I’m not sure he’s that. I know He has good yardage from last year but we need a game breaker in the backfield

So you're saying that Martinez is like medium-rare steak?

Advertisement
Yeah I agree with all this and it would be nice to have. But in hindsight we had this with Parrish already and if he wasn’t splitting reps with 4 other backs he would have been a 1000 yard plus rusher and provided the same thing, he still averaged like what 6.3 ypc last year?
You can’t compare the two…Martinez runs guys over and is falling forward on every play. Touch Parrish’s shoe lace and he’s going down

seems like Parrish also wanted to leave, I dont think he was pushed. Parrish also could not handle a load like this guy has, when Parrish was asked to do that he got hurt (he runs hard) but he seemed consistently dinged up. Martinez has the frame to wear people out and run people over. Parrish ran like a bigger back because he did not have elite speed but he did not have the size of Martinez to overpower people. Martinez is def better than Parrish and I like Parrish as a RB. I think Martinez can get drafted, IDK about Parrish.
AGREED ON ALL FRONTS.

MOTION GRANTED.

judgment for cookie

I agree no where near Millers speed and his TF year he seemed much faster, not a true burner but his vision, cuts, acceleration and that stiff arm made him a "big play" or "game changing" back which I guess is what I was getting at. At any moment Duke (and Lamar) could house a big one.
Yea The Duke could wheel freshman year then put on weight soph and junior year to absorb more hits. Still was shifty but didn’t have that extra gear he had as a freshman.

Miller could straight up just ******* wheel. Once he hit the hole he was gone.

Advertisement
Yeah I agree with all this and it would be nice to have. But in hindsight we had this with Parrish already and if he wasn’t splitting reps with 4 other backs he would have been a 1000 yard plus rusher and provided the same thing, he still averaged like what 6.3 ypc last year?
Parrish was close but was closer to 5.5 per carry against P5 teams. He was good but one of the biggest differences between Martinez and Parrish is that Martinez appears to have the ability to break tackles. Too often, our backs would go down when cornerbacks got a finger on their waist, causing them to lose balance and fall down with 6-15 yards+ of green grass in front of them.

Im still lost as to wy theres an argument over taking this guy. like seriously. We really need to take two backs. Injuries occur and we need to be prepared for them. And I would 100% tell the rbs that were after that we are taking 2 so we dont over load any 1 back. keep everyone in that room fresh.

Which RB in cfb would you consider to be an explosive RB?
For this upcoming season?

Ollie Gordon
Omarion Hampton
Devin Neal

There are not many is my point. Maybe we just have a different definition of "explosive playmaker" historically I would be referring to Dalvin Cooks, Adrian Petersons, Reggie Bush, Ricky Williams etc. to me those guys are just rare.

Yea The Duke could wheel freshman year then put on weight soph and junior year to absorb more hits. Still was shifty but didn’t have that extra gear he had as a freshman.

Miller could straight up just ******* wheel. Once he hit the hole he was gone.
Was it UVA where Duke took a KO back? The one where he saw a hole and he did like a littel crow hop you see in baseball, the acceleration on that play to me was wild. He was going say 80% waiting for his crease, he did this little hop and as soon as his foot hit the ground he was shot out a ******* cannon.

Agreed on Miller. Dude was fast fast.

Edit: Yes UVA see below

Advertisement
Not against "Quality" teams he didn't. He had Graig Cooper feet/steps....going 10,000 miles an hr, but still only running a 4.5-4.6

What is your definition of quality? I agree with the latter part of your statement, insane feet and yes likely topped out around 4.5 speed but his senior year he was a force:

That middle stretch from Duke to FSU was nuts. I would say a few of these teams would qualify as "quality" dude averaged 130 rushing yards a game for the year.

NGL I legit forgot about some of these games and surprised myself when I pulled the stats. If we have ANY RB do that equivalent this year we would be ecstatic.

I’ll never bash duke. He tired to be a leader and bring the U back. He stayed even too.
Kid didn’t give the best ol’s either. That being said Lamar miller was a different level talent.

I’ll never bash duke. He tired to be a leader and bring the U back. He stayed even too.
Kid didn’t give the best ol’s either. That being said Lamar miller was a different level talent.
If Duke had Lamar’s top speed…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was it UVA where Duke took a KO back? The one where he saw a hole and he did like a littel crow hop you see in baseball, the acceleration on that play to me was wild. He was going say 80% waiting for his crease, he did this little hop and as soon as his foot hit the ground he was shot out a ******* cannon.

Agreed on Miller. Dude was fast fast.

Edit: Yes UVA see below

Miller was a real NFL back and they didnt use him till his last year, bunch of dumb asses. Duke added the weight and since hes small (pause) he lost a step. Some frames can handle the weight and most cant, special players with longer frames have shown to handle the weight better. Pause Infinite

They tried to get Duke to run between the tackles vs elite comp and hes just not that tier, although his TF was insane.

Advertisement
Back