***Women's B-Ball Thread***

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Women's team is 15-7, 5-4. RPI is 60. SOS is 41.

Apparently there is a bracketology for women, and Miami is a 10 seed now. I don't pay too much attention, but I'd like to see them make the tournament. They've made it 3 years in a row and 6 of 7.

Advertisement
Katie Meier has done a great job of making the Lady Canes consistently good. Hopefully they'll make the tournament and go deep.

Katie Meier has done a great job of making the Lady Canes consistently good. Hopefully they'll make the tournament and go deep.

It's extremely tough when one looks at how little anyone cares in this market. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year, and Miami is still rolling along, even without two of the better players in program history. I could only imagine how much better this team would be if L. Cornelius hadn't shredded her knee. That additional pop from the perimeter would be good for another couple of wins.

Women beat #23 NC State the other night to improve to 17-7, 7-4. They've won 6 of 7 since getting blown out @ FSU. They host FSU Sunday at 4 on ESPN 2

Advertisement
Women are 19-8, 9-5 and have won 8 of 10. Since the men are ****ting the bed, here's some good news. Only losses in that time are against # 4 Louisville and # 9 FSU. Miami is 29th in today's AP Poll. Their RPI is 44. In the latest bracketology they are a 7 seed.

Women finished the regular season 20-9, 10-6. They got the 6 seed in the ACC tournament. They beat Wake Forest and then lost to Top 10 FSU in a relatively close game (they had been blown out the first two times this season). They're 21-10 now as they await the selection. Their RPI is 48, which isn't great, but they're fine. The last bracketology has them as a 7 seed.

Advertisement
Back