Rumor Women’s softball coming to da U???

Advertisement
Would be awesome and think it could have a great following down here if it burst onto the scene early and finds success

Would be awesome and think it could have a great following down here if it burst onto the scene early and finds success
If it’s anything like the attendance at women’s basketball, I’m sure it’ll be a real barnburner what with all 8 fans showing up.

Advertisement
If it’s anything like the attendance at women’s basketball, I’m sure it’ll be a real barnburner what with all 8 fans showing up.
Very true but softball is huge in Florida/south Florida so I feel like there’s a chance that it could have a solid following.

Also from a product standpoint:

Softball>Womens hoops

By a mile 🤣

Softball and both soccers are likely the logical adds
Big problem with adding softball is where would they practice/ play. No space at all on campus, and idk who the school would share a field with. Only possibility I could think of is if they built a softball field eventually within the tropical park complex.

Just a guess here, but to be in the SEC, the university is probably going to have to compete in sports it doesn’t currently

Just a guess here, but to be in the SEC, the university is probably going to have to compete in sports it doesn’t currently
Vandy does not have softball. It has women's lacrosse and plays in the AAC with Florida.

Rad wants softball. I'd love to see lacrosse at Miami. Mid-Atlantic and northeast are natural draws to Miami and Miami should be able to field very good teams.

Advertisement
Vandy does not have softball. It has women's lacrosse and plays in the AAC with Florida.

Rad wants softball. I'd love to see lacrosse at Miami. Mid-Atlantic and northeast are natural draws to Miami and Miami should be able to field very good teams.
So true. Lax in the the Mid Atlantic region is huge and its a lot of private school money so Miami's price tag wont scare them away.

Good to know. Thanks

So true. Lax in the the Mid Atlantic region is huge and its a lot of private school money so Miami's price tag wont scare them away.
I can 100% vouch for the Mid Atlantic private schools obsession with lax, I could very well see us adding it. Also a plus is that it doesn’t require it’s own seperate field. I’m pretty sure they might be able to share the soccer field.

Not having softball at Miami is like BC not having mens lacrosse. Miami made the AD change necessary to make moves. BC hired the guy Miami ***** canned.

Like you, I want lacrosse everywhere. Fantastic sport.

Advertisement
The non revenue sports are not going to have major fan support, the football team pays for all of the non revenue sports. Title nine will be and usually is the issue adding mens sports and the initial funding to get things off the ground.

The non revenue sports are not going to have major fan support, the football team pays for all of the non revenue sports. Title nine will be and usually is the issue adding mens sports and the initial funding to get things off the ground.
Thanks for telling us what everyone on this board knows already.

What would be an estimate on starting Softball, Men's Golf and a LAX program? I don't even know how scholarships work for those programs either.

Advertisement
What would be an estimate on starting Softball, Men's Golf and a LAX program? I don't even know how scholarships work for those programs either.
I believe the scholarships are still

Softball 12
Golf 4.5
Mens Lax - 12ish(12.6 is in my head)
Womens Lax - 12

But those lax teams can have fairly good sized rosters and as mentiond before they are typically private school kids so good grades, some athletic money and then Miami really isnt that expensive. You have high schools in the PA/NJ/NY regions that are 30K+

Softball field would be the only issue but I dont know if there is a decent one close to campus that could be renovated and used?

All of them can travel "lighter" but most ACC schools can take busses to a chunk of their games. We'd likely be flying. But if football starts winning it changes everything for schools.

Advertisement
Back