Wishful thinking...

Advertisement
Every few years, the conference crown changes.

In the 80s and 90's, it was the big 8/12, with Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, and the occasional TAMU/KSU/Okie State/texas tech.

Then it was the Big 10, with * State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and the occasional PSU/MSU/Iowa.

Now it's the SEC, with Bama, LSU, UF, and the occasional Auburn/UGA/Arkansas.

Eff 'em all. UM won championships by beating the best of those conferences and still retaining a sense of self and place. We can and will do it again.

Advertisement
Caneinheelcountry and bigpoppacane yall r right... I was just thinking, a lot of the top talent want 2 go and play in the SEC so if we were in the SEC then maybe we will have all the top talent especially in FL... was just a thought!

Caneinheelcountry and bigpoppacane yall r right... I was just thinking, a lot of the top talent want 2 go and play in the SEC so if we were in the SEC then maybe we will have all the top talent especially in FL... was just a thought!

We just got a commitment today from a TE out of Louisiana who has offers from pretty much every SEC school out there--Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, you name it.

We also got several kids in this last class (2012) who had offers from top SEC schools. Look at the offer list for Tracy Howard, Deon Bush, Tyriq McCord, Duke, Angelo Louis-Jean, Raphael Kirby, Jelani Hamilton, and Earl Moore.

Between what Golden is doing in South Fla to lock up the top talent here, and reaching out to out old stomping grounds like Louisiana, texas, and Cali for recruits...we'll be fine in a couple years. It's just gonna take us a little while to get there from here. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride to the top.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly? I'd like to see us return to INDEPENDENT.

No crappy limitations, no crappy conference, and this year after we win our eighth game and are clearly on our way back, we get to really do some negotiating with TV.

TV has been and is VERY good to UM. The team that everyone loves to see play, and that the big schools love to beat - but don't do so well.

Then, when we go to a playoff system, UM will have experience with the SEC teams, ACC teams (GT), and the Big Whatevers at the moment. One other little thing, Miami does put on a show. No conference - no TV limitations. Mo money.

More money being independent?

A farce. Hence why we joined a conference and then moved to another one for more money. We would NEVER get a TV contract like Notre Dame. Total pipe dream.

As far as the OP's remarks. Ok great? Thanks for the insight I guess LOL.

Advertisement
Honestly miami doesnt need to even think about the sec. if we win a national championship soon in the acc the conference will take off and become a great football conference. I hate to say it but fsu is on the way back up, clemson always has talent, vt is always solid. We just really need to get back to the top. Miami always brings tv ratings and always will.

Honestly miami doesnt need to even think about the sec. if we win a national championship soon in the acc the conference will take off and become a great football conference. I hate to say it but fsu is on the way back up, clemson always has talent, vt is always solid. We just really need to get back to the top. Miami always brings tv ratings and always will.
Oh No Reaction GIF by Laff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back