Win today, look good tomorrow...

k9cane

Senior
that's an old saying in boxing I hear a lot. When you face that tough, awkward guy that makes it difficult for you to hit them cleanly often and look good. Well, Gatech is that stinking southpaw that clinches a lot.

Hey, we got outta Bobby Dobb with a 14-point W. Let FSU week begin

A few thoughts:

- the freshman( Ahmmon Richards, Pickney, Shaq and Joe Jackson) have been everything that was advertised coming in. They are the future of this program

- Thought Richt was a tad conversative in his play-calling. Honestly, he kept trying to establish a running game when the Oline could not or didnt get a good push. Kaaya, IMO, although he missed a throw or two could have thrown at will on early downs to our outside threats. The first drive of the 4th quarter with Gatech on the ropes and he calls two running plays was frustrating. I thought the Jackets were really on their heels

- Corn Elder is playing at an All-American level. He's really become a complete cornerback.

- O-line, still not that high on them. I think they are average at best and take away a few explosive plays by Walton, UM's running game has been pedestrian

- But 4-0, lets enjoy it. (Now, time to break open the alcohol)

Last edited:
Advertisement
4-0 overall. 1-0 coastal. I will take it! Was it pretty, no by any stretch. However, as the saying goes, A win is a f***** win!!!

All i give a **** about, and all the history books will see, is 4-0. Let's keep grinding out wins, IDC how we get them, as long as we get them.

It's amazing how productive the 4 freshman mentioned by OP has been. I knew they would be good. Didn't think they'd be this good.

Advertisement
The Pastor called this game conservatively by design. It's no coincidence that every time we needed a score, we went through them like a 7 on 7 drill.

Advertisement
Agree.
Let's grab a drink and scout FSU/UNC.

Way ahead of you. FSU can't stop UNC.

We just need to work on our run defense. Then again, the issues we had were with assignments on the option.

Greg Logan Jr is just gashing them. This guy is a real explosive playmaker

Feels like you could say this about any player that goes against FSU's defense.

I agree that some of the defensive mistakes were caused by option assignment football.
However, while I think this D has a ton of big plays in them, we'll still see assignment mistakes and missed tackles as we go.

Now back to the FSU/UNC game.
We can not let this guy Switzer beat us.

Agree.
Let's grab a drink and scout FSU/UNC.

Way ahead of you. FSU can't stop UNC.

We just need to work on our run defense. Then again, the issues we had were with assignments on the option.

Greg Logan Jr is just gashing them. This guy is a real explosive playmaker

Feels like you could say this about any player that goes against FSU's defense.

I agree that some of the defensive mistakes were caused by option assignment football.
However, while I think this D has a ton of big plays in them, we'll still see assignment mistakes and missed tackles as we go.

Now back to the FSU/UNC game.
We can not let this guy Switzer beat us.

There's enough of a sample size that suggests that FSU -outside of a few standouts- simply isn't that good defensively. Now, the teams that have troubled have been duel-threat guys who do a lot of things that Miami can't do with Kaaya but a bad defense is a bad defense

Advertisement
Back