Will we ever have a competent O Coord again

Advertisement
The Morris package wasn't too bad considering we are 5-4 and don't have a lot to play for.

Sun Bowl is a long shot after today's meltdown. ****, any bowl game is going to be a reach.

We have to beat SFla or BC, I think we will make a bowl game.

BC we should beat at home, but SFla is a better team than us, straight up. I have zero expectations that we'll pull a win out there.

Al Golden needs to lead this team to a victory of South Florida.

Fisch is the best OC UM has had in the last 10 yrs. Overall, he calls a good game. I will agree when others say that he gets too cute at times, but I'm satisfied with what he has done.

Plus, let's not forget that Fisch has developed Jacory Harris into a actual QB which no one ever expected that to happen...

Over coaching at it's finest

Since when is Morris, Tommy Frazier

smgdh

Fisch is a fine OC. This offense is fun to watch, it is unpredictable, and effective. A couple of guys hurt us last night by picking the wrong place and times to make mistakes.

There was nothing wrong with the morris package and Fisch isn't the reason Miami lost. He killed fsu with formations, variety and creativty. The only thing that bother'd me is he used to many dam players kinda like coach Ohnofrio vs Maryland.

Advertisement
There was nothing wrong with the morris package and Fisch isn't the reason Miami lost. He killed fsu with formations, variety and creativty. The only thing that bother'd me is he used to many dam players kinda like coach Ohnofrio vs Maryland.

I don't have any issue with the Morris package in general, but I think he went to it too early and too often yesterday. I would have preferred to see him let Jacory get into some sort of rhythm in the early going and then mix Morris in here and there as the game went on. Also would have liked to see us try and hit FSU deep with a playaction with Morris in at some point. IIRC, they were stacking the box pretty heavy most of the time Morris came in. But that's pretty nitpicky, as I think Fisch called a very good game overall. As others have pointed out, he definitely gets too cute for his own good at times, but he's very creative and I like what I'm seeing from a guy who's fairly inexperienced as an OC (the Morris in motion/QB sneak play was fantastic).

To expand on this anyone who has coached offense is likely to agree that you have players that do some things well, but are not good enough to be full-time starters. I once had a running back that was very good running two plays designed just for him yet otherwise so dumb as to be pretty useless.

I don't have any issue with the Morris package in general, but I think he went to it too early and too often yesterday. I would have preferred to see him let Jacory get into some sort of rhythm in the early going and then mix Morris in here and there as the game went on. Also would have liked to see us try and hit FSU deep with a playaction with Morris in at some point. IIRC, they were stacking the box pretty heavy most of the time Morris came in. But that's pretty nitpicky, as I think Fisch called a very good game overall. As others have pointed out, he definitely gets too cute for his own good at times, but he's very creative and I like what I'm seeing from a guy who's fairly inexperienced as an OC (the Morris in motion/QB sneak play was fantastic).

I'd agree with you with the rythem thing. harris seemed to be doing pretty well then all of a sudden Morris comes in. That would be my only issue with that. If harris is in a rythem maybe you keep him in and wait for the next series of downs but on the flip side you wanna keep the D guessing and throw as much at them as possible so the start THINKING instead of just PLAYING. There's a lil give in take with that.

I fell that it definitely cost us points this game. I did not like the rotation at all.

Advertisement
Why are we killing Fisch.. The offense score 3 Tds and FSU only scored one offensive TD that if a competent saftey was in there would've knocked the ball down

The game was decided by 2 punt returns.. Reid's TD and TBs muff ..

Fisch or any other coach isn't the problem.. its the players mental makeup and lack of concentration which leads to plays/penalties/or miscues that costs us games. Must get some mentally tougher players in this place..

JC

Jagaga is playing well, no need for the trickery. No excuses, Fisch is talented however when it comes to a big game you CAN'T get cute

RE: "The Morris Package" - I will reiterate this...Fisch obviously feels that he can create some opportunities by getting him on the field. An added dimension to the offense. I understand that and actually I like it somewhat, at least in moderation. Can't constantly be interrupting Jacory's rhythm though.

After unveiling it for the Duke game, he should have kept it in his hip pocket at the very least until Jacory had settled into the game (meaning no earlier than at least the 2nd quarter), or if he wanted to really ***** with FSU early maybe run Morris out into the huddle, line up in the pistol, motion him out wide, and then run a wildcat power-o or something...something with minimal risk (and that you haven't shown out of that package) and that gets the proverbial wheels turning for the opposition. Since they had an idea it would be coming, those would really be the only ways to catch them off guard with it - either hold your cards or bluff...don't give away your hand too early.

Went to it way too early and way too often, and in the wrong situations. Thankfully Fisch seemed to "settle in" as well and called a decent game after the early "WTF" moments.

Advertisement
the sneak he tried with morris down at the goal line where he was in motion was a **** good call.

furthermore, you have this morris package because it still keeps defenses on their toes because morris can throw. he's not just a guy you bring in and the defense automatically knows he won't throw.

furthermore, you have this morris package because it still keeps defenses on their toes because morris can throw. he's not just a guy you bring in and the defense automatically knows he won't throw.

I would not have a problem with the Morris package if he could actually run, dude is slow and is not a natural runner.

Advertisement
the sneak he tried with morris down at the goal line where he was in motion was a **** good call.

I agree and the pass play to Walford down to the 1 was brilliant. Overall, Fisch is a huge upgrade from Whipple, he has done miracles with the transformation of Harris, who still plays scared as **** sometimes. I'm not crazy about the use of Morris, but I don't think it is awful.

Advertisement
Back