Will the Media question Richt's playcalling?

amanan28

New_Era
The only thing I want to see in those after practice interviews is the media asking Richt about his playcalling. I ask [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] to not shy away from asking Richt why he was once again calling a vanilla offense, using one run play, and not attacking the seams with an undermanned FSU defense. **** 29 Nate Andrews was playing with one arm and Ermon Lane (a glorified backup) was back there playing safety. What the fvck man seriously.

Advertisement
Of course they won't. We have the least critical media in the country.

National Media has one reaction - how did Miami get a coach like Richt?
- Clappy, Shannon and Al ------ that is our history over the last FIFTEEN years

Advertisement
He has consistently brought it up himself that he was rusty after not calling plays for so long. Matter of fact he mentioned it a few days ago too.

He has consistently brought it up himself that he was rusty after not calling plays for so long. Matter of fact he mentioned it a few days ago too.

I get that he might be "rusty" but is even watching film? How can outside sources see the weakness of the FSU defense but our Head Coach can't? Why is he trying to fit the players into an inept offense instead of trying to create an offense that would work to the skillset of our players? I just want answers man.

His memory doesn't seem that great either. He doesn't recall certain plays, doesn't know names very well yet, etc. reminds me of Bobby Bowden in post games where he'd ask the media, "who'r you talkin abouy, #9 ? Ya he made a nice play."

Miami has become the university where learning on the job is permissible.

Advertisement

I get that he might be "rusty" but is even watching film? How can outside sources see the weakness of the FSU defense but our Head Coach can't? Why is he trying to fit the players into an inept offense instead of trying to create an offense that would work to the skillset of our players? I just want answers man.

I dont know mane. 10 years is a long time to go without actually calling plays then you decide to just jump back in it.

Doubt it. the national media will have no idea we should have won this game by 2 TDs. they will play up the Kaaya playing with a chipped tooth narrative - which was tough as nails. But, the local media won't want to risk losing their access.

His memory doesn't seem that great either. He doesn't recall certain plays, doesn't know names very well yet, etc. reminds me of Bobby Bowden in post games where he'd ask the media, "who'r you talkin abouy, #9 ? Ya he made a nice play."

That would explain why we only run about 5 plays per game. He also seems a bit slow, speaks about a word per minute.

Advertisement

I dont know mane. 10 years is a long time to go without actually calling plays then you decide to just jump back in it.

My main struggle in his playcalling is the RPO. The RPO doesn't work with an immobile QB like Brad Kaaya, it only works if the defense needs to key on the RB,WR and most importantly the QB. With an Immobile QB if the Corners do their job on defense the Pass option gets taken away and the DL and LB's in the box crash the RB because there is no run threat by the QB. Not sure why that is our main focus especially with Kaaya. If he stays another year we will see the same **** and by that time it won't be rust it will just be bad playcalling.

TBH I dont know if Richt is a stubborn man or he will learn from this game and fix his mistakes. Time will tell.

Good post. Hope somebody applies pressure now on Richt and holds him accountable for soiling the bed last night. He needs to understand the honeymoon is over. Hopefully, he feels an incentive to get his stuff together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that about him too. He doesn't appear to a a bright guy, which is a detriment as a play caller. People rave about Petrino as a play caller and an offensive guru because he's a genius. Doesn't forget anything. Rick looks a little lost and dopey on the sidelines trying to call plays.

I'm all for him being more involved as a coach than he was at UGA, but maybe he should just be a QB coach.

Advertisement

You may not like the answer, but the University of Miami is not committed to winning football games.

Advertisement
Back