Will Chad Thomas or Dem. Jackson be..

Will Chad Thomas or Dem. Jackson be better then Muhammad Wilkerson when he was at Temple or Better. He playe in D'no defense and was a wrecking force. Chad and Djax are coming in about the same size as Wilkerson did.

Muhammad Wilkerson Career Stats:

Year Class G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk PD FF
2008 FR 11 7 6 13 2.5 1 4 0
2009 SO 13 36 25 61 10.5 6.5 4 1
2010 JR 12 45 25 70 13.0 9.5 3 2

Advertisement
Jackson will be playing OLB/rush DE here...see Tyriq McCord. Chad's position will be more comparable to what we're using Quan for right now. Edge rush guy almost exclusively.

Thomas could grow into a Wilkerson type of guy, but I don't ever see him moving down inside like Wilkerson did in college.

Regardless--I'm glad to have 2 guys with that level of explosiveness on our D for this year. It can only help.

Will Chad Thomas or Dem. Jackson be better then Muhammad Wilkerson when he was at Temple or Better. He playe in D'no defense and was a wrecking force. Chad and Djax are coming in about the same size as Wilkerson did.

IMO Chad will be a number 1 draft pick in the future, he has both size and speed . He is a bigger version of quan more like Clowney type imo. Now lets hope the D cord will let them play agressive ! Clowney numbers 6ft 6 247 4.7 forty - Chad 6FT 5 , 240 now up 250 4.8- Forty.

Advertisement
IMO Chad will be a number 1 draft pick in the future, he has both size and speed . He is a bigger version of quan more like Clowney type imo. Now lets hope the D cord will let them play agressive ! Clowney numbers 6ft 6 247 4.7 forty - Chad 6FT 5 , 240 now up 250 4.8- Forty.

Not sayin' Chad doesn't have a chance to improve his 40 time, but fyi Clowney just ran a 4.53 official 40 at the combine (no idea what it was coming out of hs though).

Did you really just compare Thomas to Clowney im sorry folks but athletes like Clowney dont come around often

Advertisement
Moten is the uy you compare with Wilkerson not Chad and DJack...they will be predominantly outside guys...Moten looks to play in the Wilkerson role in our scheme. He could imo put up numbers, he just needs added strength and conditioning imo. From looking at him, he had that baby fat thing going...but as far as his play...kid has a nose for the ball...and seemed to make plays every time i watched. I remember in Cypress Bay game Moten must of made 4 straight tackles on a drive from that dt position.

When that kid hits the weightroom hard....i can see Wilkerosn type stats

Did you really just compare Thomas to Clowney im sorry folks but athletes like Clowney dont come around often

i really think dude got underestimated from that all star game...when guys were saying Chick was better.

Realize Clowney is a guy at 6'5-6'6 265-275 that will run ...."Legit" 4.5's at his slow speed.(he clocks 4.4's). Realize if he wanted to play offense he would of been a early pick as well as a wr/or te.
Clowney is Julius Peppers all over again.....we wont see much of those types coming through recruiting this decade. Chad is a beast....but Chad doesnt have Clowney's ability.....Chad's a guy with high i.q., good technique, and pre requisite arm length and solid strength/quickness to use his advantages...

this Clowney dude seemed to be a problem out of the womb....he's one of those kids that ALWAYS been the best since pre-k. And most of it is flat natural ability.

Givers, you nailed it on Clowney. If he ever applies himself, he's got a chance to be a legend in the sport. My prediction, he'll be good, but not great. People who coast on natural ability their entire life typically don't get a great work ethic all of a sudden.

Also, no offense, but the Thomas comparison was laugh out loud funny. That's no knock on Thomas, but guys with Clowney's natural ability don't come along very often. Peppers was as close as you'll get in recent years.

Advertisement
Let's see what Kamalu does this year. I like his development.

Beast...Kid looks like a mammoth.

I liked wha i saw in spring game, he mixed it up with Mr.Flowers who has a propensity for pancaking folks...lol...Flowers wasnt taking it easy on him. But just from spring game...Kamalu will make some plays on that dl with Chick imo....he could actually help Chick if he steps up....which would single Chick up as well as Mccord/AQM when their in.

Givers, you nailed it on Clowney. If he ever applies himself, he's got a chance to be a legend in the sport. My prediction, he'll be good, but not great. People who coast on natural ability their entire life typically don't get a great work ethic all of a sudden.

Also, no offense, but the Thomas comparison was laugh out loud funny. That's no knock on Thomas, but guys with Clowney's natural ability don't come along very often. Peppers was as close as you'll get in recent years.

the thing wqith Clowney is...He imo would fit GREAT with Houston...as they have a DE already that c ommands attention...who is a hard worker..and can show him the ropes...Clowney doesnt need to be a guy on the dl that is that "one guy" you have to focus on. Why do you think he looked so good the year before...i think he had Melvin Ingram with him @ SC. When a de sees the guy on the other side just causing havoc...that alone is motivation..Clowney seems like one of those guys...he's kind of a chill, laid back type, that just has natural talent...Him and JJ Watt would be BRUTAL....They f up if they dont take that imo

Just conditioning our minds as we become the Temple of the South
prepare thy ****

58.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back