Will Bama Beat Canes 2001 Team

Jonathan Allen
Cam Robinson
Reuben Foster
Marlon Humphrey
OJ Howard
Tim Williams

I think it's a given the top 4 will be 1st rounders as long as something doesn't come up between now and draft day (medical, off field, horrendous workout, etc).

OJ Howard will have a 1st Round grade by some teams, it's just a matter of how the board falls and how much teams value the position.

Williams will be the wildcard. He was ranked high early but i saw there are additional off-field concerns with him besides just the gun incident. Someone could take a chance late in Round 1 or he could slip like many others have in the past like Randy Gregory.

Actually I'd say all but Humphrey are going to be 1st rounders.

Advertisement
They can have as many people drafted as they want. But lemme know when they have 3 running backs combine for over 20000 yards, a receiver catch almost 1100 passes, and have their draftees have a combined total of 44 pro bowls.

Lulz...Ridley and Howard will be lucky to combine their career stats in the NFL being close to Andre's numbers alone.
Sean taylor with his career tragically cut short will still be better than any safety to come out of Bama anytime soon
Their scrub *** deer antler O.D'ing running backs won't even surpass a one legged McGahee at any point in their careers
How have their CB's been in the NFL? Has "all world" dre Kirkpatrick been run out of Cincy's trash defense yet?
The only good Bama players I can even think of from all of these "greatest teams ever" are julio jones Amari cooper and marcel dareus. I might have 1 or 2 dudes I'm forgetting but for "the greatest coach in college football", that's ******* pathetic, and to even put them in the same breath as 2001 miami is an insult

Allow me to provide the short answer: NO!

Now allow me to elaborate on that answer:

There will never, EVER be a collection of talent like that ever again. The only team that rivals that type of star studded "college" talent is SC (who also would've smoked these past Bama teams). However, what sets our 01 squad from all these other "super teams" is the level of impact they had at the next level. 06 Texas team...team full of bust, so was the 05 Trojans, and 07 Tigers, and 08 Crimson Tide, and 13 Crimson Tide.

The Canes in 01 featured multiple pro bowlers who were drafted (Accounting for 43 trips)
Four sure HOFers in Reed, Wilfork, Gore, and AJ80, and had ST26 not tragically lost his life, that would've been 5 sure HOFers. Injuries derailed several others like Shockey, McGahee, Portis, and Vilma who were pro bowlers when healthy, but couldn't sustain consistency year in and out.

There's no comparison to the 01 squad, period. That's not folk lore, that's facts. And I say that as a fan of the game of college football, not a slightly biased Hurricanes fan.

Jonathan Allen
Cam Robinson
Reuben Foster
Marlon Humphrey
OJ Howard
Tim Williams

I think it's a given the top 4 will be 1st rounders as long as something doesn't come up between now and draft day (medical, off field, horrendous workout, etc).

OJ Howard will have a 1st Round grade by some teams, it's just a matter of how the board falls and how much teams value the position.

Williams will be the wildcard. He was ranked high early but i saw there are additional off-field concerns with him besides just the gun incident. Someone could take a chance late in Round 1 or he could slip like many others have in the past like Randy Gregory.
Williams is a specialty guy. Maybe good value later, but too much risk as a R1 guy. Howard is a good athlete, but I like other TEs more. Bad value.

Cam Robinson is the guy.

Sure, Williams is a specialty guy but so was Bruce Irvins and the Seahawks grabbed him in R1. You could also say the same for Barkevious Mingo and Shane Ray. Heck, the Eagles drafted Marcus Smith in the 1st, who by all accounts had a 2nd day grade by most teams. Teams reach for pass rushers often.

I have to watch more tape on Howard and really breakdown the TEs. I haven't paid much attention and am curious to see his workout and Njoku's.

He's not that good a pass rusher..which was shown last night. He ws beat like a drum all night..he's light in the *** always has been which is why they slow played him an we almost got him.

What the **** has Humphrey ever done?.

I see maybe 3..with a chance at 4 at the end of 1st.

There is a lot of talk about Bama going to produce more first rounders than the current best team in CF History Canes 01. I don't think they can do it. Do you? The NFL Draft will be for **** sure a hit with Bama fans vs Miami fans this year!!!

Key losses: TE O.J. Howard, DE Jonathan Allen, DE Dalvin Tomlinson, LB Tim Williams, LB Ryan Anderson, LB Reuben Foster, S Eddie Jackson

Several seniors from a menacing defense played their last game for the Tide in Tampa, and it's likely that underclassmen such as OT Cam Robinson and CB Marlon Humphrey will leave early for the NFL.

****, the negative votes have already started to come in. Come get yours in here while you still have a chance!!!

SEC bloggers have written that bama is not close to 01 hurricanes.

Advertisement
'01 Canes would exposed Bama D as bunch of big slow dudes waving at our RBs. WRs and TEs running pass them -- like all those old defenses the Canes destroyed. "01 Cane defense would score more points than Saban's offense, heck Reed would have scored more alone. Bama is the picture of the college football what Miami killed. Bama only exists in a post Cane world. Had we not been cursed with the Clinton dwarf nobody would even know who Nick Saban is. We would have loss title game every other year like always to teams like USC, OSU, or maybe a SEC team, but it would have been our game to lose like it always was.

Advertisement
Back