Wilbur Cooper Jr 2015 Speedster RB/ATH as a Prospect

Paranos

All-ACC
Not sure where it went, but I mentioned in that thread that 2015 ATH Wilbur Cooper Jr. was attending the (June 7th Al Golden football ) camp today.

Cooper said on Twitter that he was told he ran a handheld 4.29 40, which was the second best time posted at the camp. He suffered a serious knee injury as a sophomore, but that's a **** of a time. Has offers from Kent State and Ball State.

Cooper posted the following workout numbers at an Ignite Showcase event earlier this year:

4.34 forty-yard dash (handheld)
6.78 3-cone
4.22 short shuttle
22.04 ft with 8 lb medicine ball press
9.06 broad jump

Article on under the radar RB/ATH Wilbur Cooper from Auburndale, FL. Polk County has some gems for the 2015 Class
http://bigcountypreps.com/181/wilbur-cooper-auburndale-rb-still-under-warps/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incredible 2014 Ignite Showcase numbers; Cooper returned to the field this year after suffering a serious knee injury his sophomore season. Sharing the carries with 3 other ball carriers, Cooper still managed to rack up 74 carries, 540 rushing yards, 650 all purpose yards and 18 tackles on defense. Cooper also participates in Weightlifting and Track & field for the Bloodhounds.

No schools have offered Cooper just yet. A few colleges have shown initial interest. He has visited Miami and USF (Showing interest) and has no particular dream school, “Any college that will accept me is my dream school.”

His recruiting will pick up and when it does, he hopes FIU, FSU, Miami, FAU and USF are attracted to his skill set. He is not selective and wants his play to do most of his talking. AAC, Big 10, SEC would be dream conferences to play in. However, he just wants the opportunity to play collage football.

The 5'10" 200 lbs running back is definitely getting his speed back because in Feb this year at the Nike Miami Sparq event he ran a laser timed 4.55 sec 40 yd dash which tied for 3rd best at the camp. So based on the Al Golden camp times from today Wilbur Cooper could be a low 4.4 laser timed guy which is pretty **** fast considering his injury.

Miami NFTC results
http://www.studentsports.com/blog/2014/02/09/miami-nike-combine-recap/

His highlights show good open field but elite speed at that point but he seems to getting faster, so watching his senior year performance as well as his durability throughout the season could be a key part of his evaluation for many schools, including UM I am sure. Cooper could be a good back up plan option if Dexter Williams flips from UM and doesn't land Jordan Scarlett.

2015 RB Wilbur Cooper Jr.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2160140/highlights/102717376

Here is Tampa Bay Area news video interview with him covering his recovery.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2014/1/14/wilbur_cooper_jr_pro.html

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
321.gif

Advertisement
I'll pass I would take a lot of guys ahead of him

Which plan C 2015 running backs would you take ahead of Wilbur Cooper, that have genuine interest in Miami?

actually we don't need a plan C guy .....we have 3 guys committed and Scarlett still interested in us

If Dexter Williams flips to UF as many think will happen, and Scarlett lets say chooses FSU. Walton has a mountain of classes to take not an officially hasn't been reclassified and won't know until next spring which is after NSD. Given this likely scenario that leaves UM with only 1 RB in the 2015 class, which is why UM's staff offered 2015 RB Mike Weber from Michigan's Cass Tech HS last week during his visit, despite him being a Mich/MSU lean with Wisconsin a close third.

Sooo again who do you think is a better Plan C option at running back for UM.

Go Canes

Advertisement

Which plan C 2015 running backs would you take ahead of Wilbur Cooper, that have genuine interest in Miami?

actually we don't need a plan C guy .....we have 3 guys committed and Scarlett still interested in us

By the time NSD comes around we might have one, so why not give this kid a look prior to this happening? With this type of speed he can play more than one position? How is the kids hands is the real question?

If Dexter Williams flips to UF as many think will happen, and Scarlett lets say chooses FSU. Walton has a mountain of classes to take not an officially hasn't been reclassified and won't know until next spring which is after NSD. Given this likely scenario that leaves UM with only 1 RB in the 2015 class, which is why UM's staff offered 2015 RB Mike Weber from Michigan's Cass Tech HS last week during his visit, despite him being a Mich/MSU lean with Wisconsin a close third.

Sooo again who do you think is a better Plan C option at running back for UM.

Go Canes

Cronk is solid to Miami and Walton has already reclassified to 2015. Both are still committed to UM That's 2 RBs for this class

Dexter Williams might flip but as of Now he's a Cane

Scarlett has us in his top 4 ... we'll know more by July 4th when Bruce commits.

Also IMO Wilbur Cooper doesn't look very good ......I wouldn't get a plan C guy I'll stay with Cronk and Walton and call it a class

With UM Alum Ken Hunts recent $1.5 mill establishment of a scholarship fund for running backs, a few players like Cooper can be offered a preferred walk on spot at UM.

[video=youtube_share;NwHnE8y0ZhA]http://youtu.be/NwHnE8y0ZhA[/video]

Last edited:
With Dexter Williams decommitting from UM, Anthony Jones apparently reaffirming to FIU and rumors running wild that Jordan Scarlett is next to decommit, Miami may have to go to the plan C list for Running back help. There is also 2015 RB Sekai Lindsay from Palm Bay, FL

Go Canes

Advertisement
Thought we didnt need plan c guys because we had 3 strong committs from RB out of fl? ohh yeah

Eh, no way.

He's just not fluid enough.

And every run he has is pushed all the way to the boundary. He looks like a smaller, slower Bobby Washington in those highlights.

That'll work in D1-AA...but not in the FBS.

Advertisement
Eh, no way.

And every run he has is pushed all the way to the boundary. He looks like a smaller, slower Bobby Washington in those highlights.

Hey I am hoping Miami can get Dexter Williams back along with his friend Julius.

Go Canes

Eh, no way.

Hey I am hoping Miami can get Dexter Williams back along with his friend Julius.

Go Canes

You don't follow recruiting that often do you? He's not coming back

Dexter is long gone and Scarlett will probably be next, so its time to move on plan C & D

Advertisement
Back