Why will he be any better here?

PastorDisaster

Band
Banned
Than at UGA where he got kicked to the curb? I'm asking in earnest. What did people think we were getting when we hired CMR? In his best year he's a Les Miles; a CEO type who is dependent on assistant coaches and recruits to win, loses at least one or two games a year, and comes up short when it matters most.

I think we can put the "oh that phonebooth offense is what UGA forced Mark to run" theory to bed as well, so the idea that he would be running "his offense" and thus be better here can be put to rest. He also isn't exactly recruiting the world on fire right now, recruited better with SEC booster money in fact. I mean, how exactly is this supposed to turn into the U being back on top of CFB?

Advertisement
We got a coach that fans of LSU, Tennessee, UF, Bama, Mizzou, etc.. are sad to see that he was let go.

A perennial big game choker, as well as dropping games against opponents he had no business losing to. This guy got kicked out of town and our program is so clueless to what was needed they snatched him up and paraded him like we just hired Nick Saban.

We knew the problem with this team was our razor thin depth, shortage of skill position guys, and overall staleness as a football culture. We needed a coach that could do more with less, play 21st century football and bring back if anything some excitement on gameday. Instead we got Jesus Freak conservative preacher Corch Richrt. A coach with who was quoted after he got fired questioning if he wanted to take some time off after 30 years of coaching. But instead Miami threw as much cash at him because of course he looked like a savior compared to Cristobal and Shiano.

He was hired here to point to his track record when fans begin to rumble to make us out as being unreasonable while he does nothing but skate by on 8-9 win seasons.

At the end of the day this is all entertainment. If we are going to suck at least give me a high powered modern day offense. This is the most boring team I've seen in all of cfb.

We got a coach that fans of LSU, Tennessee, UF, Bama, Mizzou, etc.. are sad to see that he was let go.

A perennial big game choker, as well as dropping games against opponents he had no business losing to. This guy got kicked out of town and our program is so clueless to what was needed they snatched him up and paraded him like we just hired Nick Saban.

We knew the problem with this team was our razor thin depth, shortage of skill position guys, and overall staleness as a football culture. We needed a coach that could do more with less, play 21st century football and bring back if anything some excitement on gameday. Instead we got Jesus Freak conservative preacher Corch Richrt. A coach with who was quoted after he got fired questioning if he wanted to take some time off after 30 years of coaching. But instead Miami threw as much cash at him because of course he looked like a savior compared to Cristobal and Shiano.

He was hired here to point to his track record when fans begin to rumble to make us out as being unreasonable while he does nothing but skate by on 8-9 win seasons.

program is a joke.

Amazing post man. I actually find it embarrassing that we not only hired someone else's trash, but that we celebrated it. It's like we are Duke now, happy to have landed a failed SEC coach. It's emasculating.

Advertisement
Than at UGA where he got kicked to the curb? I'm asking in earnest. What did people think we were getting when we hired CMR? In his best year he's a Les Miles; a CEO type who is dependent on assistant coaches and recruits to win, loses at least one or two games a year, and comes up short when it matters most.

I think we can put the "oh that phonebooth offense is what UGA forced Mark to run" theory to bed as well, so the idea that he would be running "his offense" and thus be better here can be put to rest. He also isn't exactly recruiting the world on fire right now, recruited better with SEC booster money in fact. I mean, how exactly is this supposed to turn into the U being back on top of CFB?

Short answer.....he won't. The most depressing point you brought up is the recruiting angle. He's ****ting the bed there too.

Last edited:
Y'all keep talking about what Miami is suppose to be recruiting and the level the recruiting should be at. This team has been trash from 13 years. So basically the kids you're recruiting have seen you be terrible for 90% of their life but Richt is suppose to walk right in and win the recruiting battle left and right. These kids are frontrunners. They don't want to be the ones to bring a program back. They want to go to a winning program.

Richt isn't without fault. His offense needs a lot of work but this one of the most delusional fan base.

Canes and Gators keep hiring bum coaches.

Jimbo just keeps kicking the other 2 asses.

Last edited:
Y'all keep talking about what Miami is suppose to be recruiting and the level the recruiting should be at. This team has been trash from 13 years. So basically the kids you're recruiting have seen you be terrible for 90% of their life but Richt is suppose to walk right in and win the recruiting battle left and right. These kids are frontrunners. They don't want to be the ones to bring a program back. They want to go to a winning program.

Richt isn't without fault. His offense needs a lot of work but this one of the most delusional fan base.

Well then we're in serious trouble because if it's gonna take "winning big" to reel in the recruits it's gonna be a long ******* wait.

Advertisement

Well then we're in serious trouble because if it's gonna take "winning big" to reel in the recruits it's gonna be a long ****ing wait.

That's exactly what it's going to take. It's obvious we can offer early playing time and yet and still ppl rather go sit for a year or two at Bama or FSU.

UM hired a coach who's 5 or 6 years from retirement and is simply cashing checks until that day. UM is his tenured position.

This is not a well-coached team. A lot of people have deluded themselves (as usual) into believing this is a three or four year rebuild. A good coach is 6-0 right now.

Offense: total disaster with no identity. Quarterback has regressed
Defense: improved marginally, but secondary is a nightmare apart from Elder
Special Teams: F-. Absolutely terrible

I think I've seen all I need to see from Richt to know what we're going to be getting the next 4-6 years.

Forget butch (nobody wants him, would have a job if he was in demand), Herman (not enough track record in a big conference, basically a Golden on steroids), or Schiano, the correct coaching hire would have been Larry Fedora. North Carolina isn't the most fertile recruiting grounds yet UNC consistently wins the Coastal division. Fedora would have been a baby Butch Davis at Miami and built a dynasty

Advertisement
This is not a well-coached team. A lot of people have deluded themselves (as usual) into believing this is a three or four year rebuild. A good coach is 6-0 right now.

Offense: total disaster with no identity. Quarterback has regressed
Defense: improved marginally, but secondary is a nightmare apart from Elder
Special Teams: F-. Absolutely terrible

I think I've seen all I need to see from Richt to know what we're going to be getting the next 4-6 years.

D has improved a lot and they are doing it with 3 True FR LBs and a secondary that lacks talent. Impressive job on that side of the ball.

Everything else you said is true. Nothing will change either unless Richt completely changes who he is and I'm not holding my breath.

Advertisement
Back