Why we will wait a few more weeks to fire Al

ncncanes

Junior
First - want Al gone - right away
- However we will wait bc coaches have a strange fraternity where most are loyal to each other - example when Michigan went after Jim H his primary concern was that Brady H "was taken care of"
- Up and coming coaches also dont want to work for an AD or school that panics - bc these same coaches know that they also might have a bad year and they want an AD that will stand by them ...... and yes, Al had had 5 bad years, I get that

One final point - the exception to the above is Butch ....... and every week we wait to fire Al .....tells you we arent brining back Butch
- Clearly Butch isnt worried about being loyal to Al since he has said he wants the job
- He isnt doing anything right now
- If you were to bring him back, you do it ASAP to have him start recruiting

Dont see him coming back

Advertisement
- However we will wait bc coaches have a strange fraternity where most are loyal to each other - example when Michigan went after Jim H his primary concern was that Brady H "was taken care of"
- Up and coming coaches also dont want to work for an AD or school that panics - bc these same coaches know that they also might have a bad year and they want an AD that will stand by them ...... and yes, Al had had 5 bad years, I get that

One final point - the exception to the above is Butch ....... and every week we wait to fire Al .....tells you we arent brining back Butch
- Clearly Butch isnt worried about being loyal to Al since he has said he wants the job

Dont see him coming back

***** that.

Pick up the stinking phone, and call BUTCH!

It's just that easy!

Dont see him coming back

Even if they would have fired AG they would not hire (or at least not announce the hiring of) Butch Davis until after the season.

Advertisement
This is far beyond that. If this was year 3 I get it, maybe even last year I get it. But in year 5....it's unacceptable.

Dont see him coming back

Even if they would have fired AG they would not hire (or at least not announce the hiring of) Butch Davis until after the season.

Nah, they can announce the firing tomorrow, wait a week and announce Butch Davis will be returning to the U as Head Coach, and that Butch will be assuming the HC duties in two weeks after that.

Recruiting is possible, it gives Butch time to get his ducks lined up, and Golden can pack his **** and clear the office.

Smooth transition, no big surprises, and Butch gets to try and save some top recruits and pick up a few more.

Dont see him coming back

Nah, they can announce the firing tomorrow, wait a week and announce Butch Davis will be returning to the U as Head Coach, and that Butch will be assuming the HC duties in two weeks after that.

Recruiting is possible, it gives Butch time to get his ducks lined up, and Golden can pack his **** and clear the office.

Smooth transition, no big surprises, and Butch gets to try and save some top recruits and pick up a few more.

EXACTLY!

Advertisement

Dont see him coming back

LOL, none of this is true.

Schools approach other schools all the time to talk to their coaches (during the season) while in a coach search i.e. Florida with McElwain last year.

Schools can also contact agents, and send out out feelers.

This is what most of schools like USC are doing right now, and why they're getting a head start on the search as not to miss on a potential good coach becoming available, and snatched up by another team.

Miami...I mean...Blake James (who should also be fired)...is literally doing it *** backwards.

If Golden is fired at the end of the season, we will be late to the party since 4 teams have already fired their coach.

But don't worry, we'll just hand over a boat load of money to Chuck Neinas to do god knows what.

Last edited:

Dont see him coming back

its too easy and it amazes me that we as fans get this and these guys get paid for this ****. same **** like american politics same fkin ****. programs str8 retarded

Dont see him coming back

LOL, none of this is true.

Schools approach other schools all the time to talk to their coaches (during the season) while in a coach search i.e. Florida with McElwain last year.

Schools can also contact agents, and send out out feelers.

This is what most of schools like USC are doing right now, and why they're getting a head start on the search as not to miss on a potential good coach becoming available, and snatched up by another team.

Miami...I mean...Blake James (who should also be fired)...is literally doing it *** backwards.

If Golden is fired at the end of the season, we will be late to the party since 4 teams have already fired their coach.

But don't worry, we'll just hand over a boat load of money to Chuck Neinas to do god knows what.

Yup - and Will M was fired after the NINTH game - never said we shouldnt be talking to agents

Dont see him coming back

It would be almost impossible to put together a staff during the middle of a season. Would the potential coordinators simply up and leave their teams before the season is over? I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Advertisement

Dont see him coming back

It would be almost impossible to put together a staff during the middle of a season. Would the potential coordinators simply up and leave their teams before the season is over? I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

I think Butch already has a staff lined up.

Dont see him coming back

No one said anything about replacing coaches mid term.

Butch can HIRE/ARRANGE/SELECT/GET ON BOARD his coordinators, and likely fill out of number of position coaching positions. They won't COME until the end of the season.

If this snotrag we have for an AD will pull the trigger, we can transition smoothly.

"What has to be done eventually needs be done immediately"

Just pay the price for your mistakes. Forget the buy out and get it done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back