Why Kareem?

Canecanecane

Freshman
Don't want to just make a new thread but I think it is warranted as I question everyone's thought process here.

He's been on this staff and our DL has been blah. You would think he has helped little bit in preparing these kids in some capacity. Doesn't make sense to me unless for some reason he didn't help at all in trying to teach these kids. He may help in recruiting which is a big plus, but we need proven guy.

Advertisement
I think the sentiment for him is driven by the desire expressed by some players...but thats not always a good idea.

kareem_abdul_jabbar_2009_02_15.jpg

Advertisement
Brown may well be OK here but just has not paid his dues yet. He learned his craft from Franklin last year and we all were not happy with his coaching. Kevin Patrick seems like the prefect match, still young and a solid recruiter who is known for being a great teacher.

We could do a lot better I'm sure. Respect the guy for being a cane but you'd like to see him prove himself before ascending from GA to DL coach. Seems like a lazy cheap hire. I mean he's learned under Larry Coker as a player and Al Golden as a coach. Not exactly a strong duo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back