Why is the offesive line standing around

canes50

Sophomore
watching about half of the plays. I never had a negative opinion of Kehoe, but if he doesn't do something quick he should be on the hot seat. This is just unacceptable. When I played, coach taught us if we missed a block, then just block the next guy. If we were caught on film just watching the play, we had to run some serious laps.

Advertisement
See what I am talking about. Every play ends with the ol looking back at the qb or running back getting mauled.

There's nothing that bothers me more to watch either. I hate when guys are standing there looking around....keep hitting someone until the whistle blows! The one play i saw an olineman run to the second level, look lost and instead of searching for someone to hit they turned around just in time to see Miller run past them right into a defender that SHOULD have been getting blocked.

I also hate when a blocker runs by a defender to go after someone else. I realize if the play calls for you to block the OLB you want to get to the 2nd level to do your job....but if a Dlineman or other LB/S gets through first, you better hit him instead b/c the block on the OLB is meaningless if Miller is getting stopped in the backfield.

Guys, I've been watching this same damned thing for years. It seems our offensive lines, and even defensive lines are out on the field merely to be close-in spectators.

I never understood why they aren't coached to knock a guy on his ***, and stay on his *** UNTIL THE WHISTLE BLOWS!

Is that concept too much to ask? Too many busted plays have a great opportunity - but because one or two jerkoffs THINK the play isn't coming their way - they lay off. Which enables the defender to bust up an otherwise great opportunity.

It's like watching a big kindergarten class imitating football players.

I'd tell them that regardless who they are, regardless how good they are, they stop before the whistle blows, they're gone. Off the team, off scholarship.

Get kids in who want to compete - from snap to whistle.

Advertisement
Back