Why Do People Think We're Running the Table After Last Night's Embarrassment?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23667

Please help me understand. I'm usually pretty positive, but I just don't see us running the table or even losing just 1 or 2 more games. I see us as a 3 or 4 loss team, especially if we mentally and emotionally implode like we've done in past years, and I honestly believe Manolo's personality and coaching style feeds into this problem. The guy doesn't have a stoic cell in his body and the team follows his erratic and overly emotional, participation-trophy loving lead.

Now if we played Clemson close, then yeah, I'd be saying we're gonna whoop a$$ the rest of the way. But we played with too much emotion and very little discipline yesterday, our offense only scored one touchdown, our wide receivers looked like walk-ons, and our D got gashed for almost 600 yards! They basically used the same play time and time again--that Patrick Nix-like bubble screen/swing pass concept (and when finally, after 3 quarters, got the jump on that move, ABJ dropped a sure pick-6). Even our coaching savior Lashlee looked completely lost and overwhelmed. And the answer to our every problem Deriq King couldn't do much with the box stacked and our bum wide receivers, who couldn't even shake off a cold if their life depended on it.

In a nutshell, IM HURT DAWG! Please help me see the light if I am wrong. Much love. GO CANES!!

Advertisement
Please help me understand. I'm usually pretty positive, but I just don't see us running the table or even losing just 1 or 2 more games. I see us as a 3 or 4 loss team, especially if we mentally and emotionally implode like we've done in past years, and I honestly believe Manolo's personality and coaching style feeds into this problem. The guy doesn't have a stoic cell in his body and the team follows his erratic and overly emotional, participation-trophy loving lead.

Now if we played Clemson close, then yeah, I'd be saying we're gonna whoop a$$ the rest of the way. But we played with too much emotion and very little discipline yesterday, our offense only scored one touchdown, our wide receivers looked like walk-ons, and our D got gashed for almost 600 yards! They basically used the same play time and time again--that Patrick Nix-like bubble screen/swing pass concept (and when finally, after 3 quarters, got the jump on that move, ABJ dropped a sure pick-6). Even our coaching savior Lashlee looked completely lost and overwhelmed. And the answer to our every problem Deriq King couldn't do much with the box stacked and our bum wide receivers, who couldn't even shake off a cold if their life depended on it.

In a nutshell, IM HURT DAWG! Please help me see the light if I am wrong. Much love. GO CANES!!
Can't fix stupid so we won't try. Optimism comes with being a fan of a team. So of course you expect to run the table. We beat the 1st two acc teams we played. Why shouldn't we beat the rest...

Advertisement

I agree, totally. I think we'll lose to UNC and 2 other random teams to finish 7-4. I definitely have a hard time seeing better than 8-3.

Advertisement
We'll get out-coached again at some point and it will cost us. Our offense has to play near perfect to compensate for a lousy defense that does not consistently force turnovers or get off the field on 3rd downs.

For the same reason they told us how bad Clemson was going into the game.

I know in past years our teams traditionally go into a hole after a big loss. I hope this year's team realizes they have a shot to see Clemson again in the ACC title game if they win out and who knows what happens then. We're good as long as this team continues to develop, improve and win.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement

You’re not wrong, you’re making a reasonable assessment based on what we’ve seen and what Manny has done in the past.

Judging by how this team performed last season, and how they’ve performed so far this season, I still say 7-4

Advertisement
The first thing that popped into my head when reading the title of your thread.

**** if I know.

You don't get beat like a drum and serve up a clinic on how to stop this offense like they did, yet walk undefeated through the rest of the season.

We better be back to the drawing board and get to it or we'll be lucky to split the rest 50/50.

Advertisement
Back