Why did we hire Golden?

Advertisement
Every coach has their ceiling. Golden's ceiling is 8/9 wins at a mid-tier program. Golden will never see a conference title regardless of if it's the SEC or the MAC.

We replaced Golden with another "Low Ceiling" Coach.

Why did Miami hire Al Golden?

At first glance, Golden appeared to be a rising star until you vetted his Wins/Losses at Temple. You quickly discover that AG only beat bad teams at Temple. He never won a conference title. Al Golden at Miami was the same Al Golden that was at Temple. AG was Consistent!

Why did we hire Mark Richt?

Mark Richt's win totals (145?) appear to be impressive until you vet MR's Wins/Losses at UGA. You quickly discover that MR has not done anything in 10 years and that MR consistently loses the Big Games. We should not be surprised if the Mark Richt at Miami is the same Mark Richt that was at UGA. An Under-Achiever.

1.I think he only "improved" Temple because they were moving from a Big East that included us and Va Tech down to the MAC. And of course Miami and Va Tech were much better back then than now.
2. He went 1-8 vs BCS conference teams at Temple, beating only UCONN. He also lost OOC to Army, Navy and Villanova.
3. He still only went 27-34 at Temple.
4. He never even went to the MAC title game. Some people say he had the best talent in the MAC and underachieved relative to his talent.
5. Even in MAC play, he went 1-3 vs Ohio coach Frank Solich, formerly of Nebraska. If you want to know how good of a coach Solich is, think of a guy who destroyed a great program similar to Larry Coker, except Solich took over an even better situation than Larry did (3 NCs in 4 years from 1994-1997 before he took over in 1998), did not win a NC, and came no closer to a NC than trailing Coker 34-0 before Coker felt sorry for him and instructed Miami's players to play like teddy bears in the second half.

JUST TO BOTHER YOU.

Advertisement
maybe the bot new that nevin shapiro was going to drop the nuclear sht missle so they thought it wouldnt who we would hire because we might get the death penalty so they went the cheap route

The Temple program was truly a dumpster fire when Golden got there so I can understand why he was getting credit for turning it around at the time. Now with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, it's become evident that some of that success was smoke and mirrors (unless you are Jason Whitlock who called it from day 1). Moreover, it was just a poorly executed search from top to bottom. The three finalists were Golden, Trestman, and Edsall. Compare that to this time around where we were (allegedly) choosing between Richt, Butch, Mullen, and Schiano. Even the worst case scenario this time around (Schiano) was light years better than the three candidates that emerged from the previous search. What changed between the previous search and this one?

View attachment 35302

she makes me sick

Advertisement
I gotta think this was the biggest reason...probably even knew **** was about to come from Shapiro, etc.

But I also think Donna and her goblins were arrogant enough to think that they hit on a "Golden Boy" from an image standpoint but also this hidden gem that would bring the team back, clean it up, etc

Unfortunately while they may have washed away some of the bad, they washed the good away too and left us with a guy who was in WAAAAYYY over his head.

One of two possibilities. To save money or to destroy the program.

Shalala

So you're saying it was to destroy the program? I agree. Saving money was just a happy extra.

I think that was her goal to destroy the program and also guessing she got told to leave prior to getting fired. She is to blame for the scandal too imo. She fits right in on Clintons staff

Oh, I agree with you. I have been saying that for years. It was intentional on her part. Political animals remain such, and her entire tenure was consistent with her politics. Something taken to greatness by young black men (or anyone for that matter) without being beholden to the motherly hand of government or institutions has no place in her ideology or agenda -- it had to be stopped. Foote was not much better but he had different cover story -- the old Canes behavior. Butch's team did not behave the same way, so Donna had no cover.

Advertisement
One of two possibilities. To save money or to destroy the program.

Shalala

So you're saying it was to destroy the program? I agree. Saving money was just a happy extra.

I think that was her goal to destroy the program and also guessing she got told to leave prior to getting fired. She is to blame for the scandal too imo. She fits right in on Clintons staff

Oh, I agree with you. I have been saying that for years. It was intentional on her part. Political animals remain such, and her entire tenure was consistent with her politics. Something taken to greatness by young black men (or anyone for that matter) without being beholden to the motherly hand of government or institutions has no place in her ideology or agenda -- it had to be stopped. Foote was not much better but he had different cover story -- the old Canes behavior. Butch's team did not behave the same way, so Donna had no cover.

Man, this is getting too serious right now. Its simple, that leprechaun just wanted to keep her pot o' gold, not spend it on a half decent coach. "This is money better spent on academic programs that will increase the profile of the school."

Advertisement
Back