Who Should Replace Dimare?

Yea,

we should definitely implement a program like this.

Helps even playing field in recruiting, plus added benefit of ****ing off SEC schools.
You have hundreds of millions of dollars to fund said program? Vanderbilt has an endowment of 10 billion, which is over 7x Miami's stated endowment.

Advertisement
You have hundreds of millions of dollars to fund said program? Vanderbilt has an endowment of 10 billion, which is over 7x Miami's stated endowment.
Not to mention the State of Tennessee kicking in additional scholies above and beyond the NCAA BS allotment.

I love hearing other SEC's complain.

BTW. The NCAA council passed a rule you could stack and it not count toward the scholarship total. I think it was around 2020

So if you are really creative you could almost get a low income/single family member kid with high academics without even touching baseball money.
That's rich. The others begrudging Vandy being good at anything having to do with SEC sports. They oughta be happy for Vandy's success.

Advertisement
Who tf said that **** cost hundreds of millions
Having that commitment in place requires MONEY, and for you to be able to have need blind admissions, you have to have funding in place to cover that for a significant portion of the student body. Again, it's not an accident that schools like Harvard, Stanford, Vanderbilt and other high endowment schools are offering this, while Miami, with a fraction of the endowment doesn't. You can't just offer it for athletes, you have to have it in place as a general student body program. Miami has around 12k undergrads, Vandy about 7,200. Think about that.

A bit of math. Let's say that Miami has 10% of the student body qualify for a theoretical Hurricane Promise program, where we cover anything not covered by financial aid if you fall below an income cutoff. Even if the typical kid ended up with a half ride after financial aid, we are looking at an overlay of around 30 million dollars per year(and i'm just including tuition cost in my calculation, not room and board). Think about that. That's 300 million per decade.

Last edited:
Having that commitment in place requires MONEY, and for you to be able to have need blind admissions, you have to have funding in place to cover that for a significant portion of the student body. Again, it's not an accident that schools like Harvard, Stanford, Vanderbilt and other high endowment schools are offering this, while Miami, with a fraction of the endowment doesn't. You can't just offer it for athletes, you have to have it in place as a general student body program. Miami has around 12k undergrads, Vandy about 7,200. Think about that.

A bit of math. Let's say that Miami has 10% of the student body qualify for a theoretical Hurricane Promise program, where we cover anything not covered by financial aid if you fall below an income cutoff. Even if the typical kid ended up with a half ride after financial aid, we are looking at an overlay of around 30 million dollars per year(and i'm just including tuition cost in my calculation, not room and board). Think about that. That's 300 million per decade.
I was unaware that it has to be applied for the entire student body

Advertisement
I guess my question is, if we are getting the recruits, how are we impaired financially such that we are fading in May? I'm not disagreeing, I just don't understand the logic.

What I do understand is that we have a plethora of players who can't hit and are at or below the mendoza line. I know it is early, but I have started to despise Pitelli (figuratively) and cannot understand how his glove makes him worth what is either an automatic out or a double play (led the ACC in hitting into double plays last year). Or sticking with Rosario who, while I get he has all the stuff and was uber highly recruited out of HS, has been an unmitigated disaster and cannot be trusted on the mound. These to me seem like coaching issues.
Ayee I didn’t lead in double plays

Advertisement
Back