Who is older?

bornagaincane

Recruit
Butch and Mark Brown? Why has the age narrative been used against Butch but not Brown? Why is UM admin so stubborn about giving Butch another chance? The man literally begged for this job and we snobbed him for past misdeeds. Now we should beg him to come back. See how Brown is recruiting and coaching at a high level at UNC. His freshman are playing better than our older guys. His team should be even better next year.

Advertisement
Butch and Mark Brown? Why has the age narrative been used against Butch but not Brown? Why is UM admin so stubborn about giving Butch another chance? The man literally begged for this job and we snobbed him for past misdeeds. Now we should beg him to come back. See how Brown is recruiting and coaching at a high level at UNC. His freshman are playing better than our older guys. His team should be even better next year.
Hiring a real coach vs hiring cheap coaches that keep ignorant fans happy.

A Butch Davis FIU team beating UM last year shouldn’t garner him an automatic rehire at UM. Since that win vs UM, Butch is 0-7 and 6-12 in his last 18. UM SHOULD be able to do better than that in a coaching hire. SHOULD.

I
A Butch Davis FIU team beating UM last year shouldn’t garner him an automatic rehire at UM. Since that win vs UM, Butch is 0-7 and 6-12 in his last 18. UM SHOULD be able to do better than that in a coaching hire. SHOULD.
I’m really not saying that he is the savior, but we need not use the age narrative against him or punish him for past misdeeds. We all make mistakes in life.

Advertisement
Manny sucks and is an embarrassment but you guys gotta let Butch go.

You sound like the wrinkled bald guy in his local bar at closing time wearing his old varsity jacket and looking at a faded picture of his high school girlfriend. She's got 5 kids now and a mustache and lives in a trailer park. Time to move on, my dudes.

It appears that this program will stagger around a bit with some subordinate changes but until real changes happen with the HC they are just buying time.

Advertisement
I hate to say this but where do you get off comparing Mack to Butch?? Mack has a ring and played for another one. Butch ain't done a dam thing. Mack's accomplishments earned him another shot and as you can see it's paying off. He also got very lucky with an elite QB in his backyard. I love Butch and I give him credit for bringing us back right before he cut and run but Mack is on a different level.

Advertisement
You’re right about Richt not being cheap and it’s no coincidence that we had our best season in 15 years under him.

Diaz was a cheap first time head coach hire.
Diaz wasn’t all that cheap. He’s getting between $3 and 4 mill/year PLUS the $3 million buyout paid temple. Richt was $4 mil w no buyout.

Still tho, This season was no different than 2017. Lost our regular season finale, and Clemson. Won games w smoke, mirrors and luck. I would argue this season was better than 2017 based on the team’s overall performance.

Richt was no better than Golden. They both were too stubborn to change the staff on one side of the ball, and failed. Now we’re going to see if diaz is as bad as Richt and golden.. will he keep baker? If so, he’s already toast.

Advertisement
Back