Where's the shallow cross/crossing route Richt is known for?

Pikes1000

Recruit
I though Richt was a guru know for making famous the shallow cross at fsu and Georgia days? He has run basically none this year and literally 0 in the game last night. How is that possible? FSU was in mostly man coverage last night. That is the whole point of the shallow cross/crossing routes. It kills a man coverage defense and it was not run 1 freaking time!!!! Am I missing something? We could have been running that all night with Richards, coley and especially our TE's doing it with pick plays mixed in and we would have not been stopped. How can our coach not call the plays he lived doing at UGA and FSU and why we partly hired him as a OC because he used to live on these plays to let his athletes run in space.
Please someone give me a rationale answer? Thx!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great ******* question. The one route that should have been MILKED all night against man to man wasn't used once.

Incompetent play calling last night.

I haven't looked at the tape, but my guess is he ran it.

He used it against Georgia Tech and had success.

Was run 0 times last night. No shallow or regular crossing routes at all. Also almost no quick slants either? Why

Was run 0 times last night. No shallow or regular crossing routes at all. Also almost no quick slants either? Why

We ran 3 slants, all with successful results (2 catches and a pass interference) and then Richt abandons it.

Mind boggling. The middle of the field was completely ignored and represented FSU's biggest weakness coming into the game.

Advertisement

We ran 3 slants, all with successful results (2 catches and a pass interference) and then Richt abandons it.

Mind boggling. The middle of the field was completely ignored and represented FSU's biggest weakness coming into the game.

yeah, dont get having two very good TE's and mostly only using them on the perimeter.

Advertisement
Back