Where the **** has Ed Reed been?

Chief of staff.. always been a ploy/pr move.

Mad at Ed Reed for allowing Manny to use him like that.
And what a waste of money! Why not just get another analyst you trust which might contribute to winning instead of wasting money trying to fool us? For a guy who trusts metrics this was a stupid play.

Advertisement
It was not too long ago we were saying Alabama was the only legit team in the SEC. Now they are trailing within their div. What we should really be focused on is the fact that every other school is making staff changes while we just make figurehead hires and listen to our inept AD.

The signs were there.

Richt was stripped of play calling duties at UGA. Enos ran a style that almost nobody runs anymore, even when they have the personnel. When he lost his senior quarterback and NFL prospect online, production fell sharply.

I didn’t like the Enos hire, but I talk myself into offseason moves in the name of optimism and not having hopeless off seasons.

Lashlee is different. He is almost exactly what I want in offensive philosophy. He uses a physical run game that can use angles and numbers to get yards brute force alone might leave on the field. He emphasizes getting the ball out of the quarterbacks hand quickly and has a diverse short passing game. He takes deep shots frequently when given the look and still emphasizes the quick release.
If he attacks the middle of the field with Bevin and Mallory, he will have a complete system that takes pressure off our teams most questionable units, quarterback and offensive line.

If we fail, I believe that it will be because of Diaz’s deficiencies as a leader, not Lashlee’s play calling or scheme.

My worry is Lashlee covers Manny’s warts and makes him look good. Then we sign Manny too a big extension, Lashlee leaves, and we find Diaz is still the shook, perpetrating corch he proved to be in 2019.

Do i blame Ed for cashing checks doing very little work? No, certainly not

But if Ed is doing little to help except letting himself be used as a PR ploy for Manny then he is part of the problem, not the solution and an big time enabler of this mediocrity. I realize ppl dont want to criticize a UM legend but its true.

Assuming he's not happy with how Manny is running things, create a list of demands to fix issues (ex. tackling/intensity in practice, ending seniority, etc.) and help make it happen or quit in protest. Can you imagine the PR ****storm for Manny that would cause? A UM legend walking out on him...But i guess he rather cash checks (again hard to blame him personally) and this is why we cant have nice things.

Have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but on face value, this is how it looks to me..

Advertisement
Hey, ******* Ed Reed! Wake up and help this **** out and stop just collecting checks. Do something, say something, do whatever you can.
Thank you!

Love E. Reed, but I don't think he's serious about being a coach.

He could easily be a DB coach any time he wanted, but it seems like he wants a P5 program to make him a coordinator or head coach on player reputation alone.

Doesn't really work that way at the higher levels.

Plenty of Hall of Fame players had to pay their dues and do grunt work as assistants or start at lower levels.

He doesn't seem interested in doing that.

He's just collecting a check. Can't knock the hustle.

Advertisement
Love E. Reed, but I don't think he's serious about being a coach.

He could easily be a DB coach any time he wanted, but it seems like he wants a P5 program to make him a coordinator or head coach on player reputation alone.

Doesn't really work that way at the higher levels.

Plenty of Hall of Fame players had to pay their dues and do grunt work as assistants or start at lower levels.

He doesn't seem interested in doing that.

He's just collecting a check. Can't knock the hustle.
He's my favorite player of all-time, but I'm surprised he didn't stick with it as a DB coach. He may have very well been a D-Coordinator by now. His time as an assistant was like 5 years ago already. Maybe it's just not the effort/reward ratio he's willing to take on now. From everyone who knows him personally, he's an ultra savvy dude. If he's doing something, he's calculated it.

@TheEye

Hope springs eternal.

I was hoping he would make the offense complete attacking the middle of the field. It never materialized. Wasted the summer on bubble screens and here we are.

I like the offense we ran Saturday, but they should have been repping that style hard from the jump. King got beat up and uncharacteristically turned the ball over in the game he moved the offense the best. It’s a mess. Plug one leak, water springs from another hole. Time for the Viking funeral. Burn, sink it, and start over.

At least Lashlee wasn’t good enough that he could save Diaz. Diaz is exactly who I saw he was. Hopefully the freshman don’t catch fire and get us winning games against too many bum schools so the administration can pretend everything will be ok.

Advertisement
Be interesting if Manny is fired during the season.

Promote Simpson to Interim HC, T-Rob to DC, and see if Ed would agree to coach safeties for the remainder of the season. We’re talking however many weeks remain in the season. Pay him a prorated competitive rate. No recruiting on the road.

Advertisement
@TheEye

Hope springs eternal.

I was hoping he would make the offense complete attacking the middle of the field. It never materialized. Wasted the summer on bubble screens and here we are.

I like the offense we ran Saturday, but they should have been repping that style hard from the jump. King got beat up and uncharacteristically turned the ball over in the game he moved the offense the best. It’s a mess. Plug one leak, water springs from another hole. Time for the Viking funeral. Burn, sink it, and start over.

At least Lashlee wasn’t good enough that he could save Diaz. Diaz is exactly who I saw he was. Hopefully the freshman don’t catch fire and get us winning games against too many bum schools so the administration can pretend everything will be ok.
It’s same thing as what Richt said. If they can’t execute it in practise, maybe we shouldn't be running it. It doesnt matter who is calling these plays.

Advertisement
Back