Whats our record with Haith

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
Better, Worse, roughly the same??

I think we would have 6 conference wins at this point with Haith.

Advertisement
Agree. I think those players quit on him last year, and they sure as **** would have quit on him this year. **** Haith

One year of 8-8 out of his 7 years in the ACC isn't mediocre. It's ******. During his 7 years here, we were the only team in the ACC to not have a single winning record in conference. Mediocre is far too generous.

Yeah I gotta think we don't have more than 6 wins. Really the thing holding us back this year has been the in-game decision making and in-game flaws of the players themselves. After watching the previous 7 years of canes bball, I don't think that would have improved at all from last season with Haith still in charge. Bringing this group of poor performers to 9 wins in the ACC is no small feat and you can see that despite the occasional brain fart (well, occasional except for last night, which was one huge mishap) this team actually IS more disciplined. If they're still making bad decisions at the rate they are, I would hate to see them with an even less-disciplined coach with no semblance of an offense.

I actually think that's part of why we look so much better, is that Coach L's offense has a point to it and allows for less freelancing so the kids can't really ***** up things that much on their own. It seems like a pretty simple offense that leaves each player, when they get the ball, with only a couple options and that's what these guys need to stay disciplined. I actually think we would have regressed this year with Haith because his style lacked anything I just mentioned. I also think DQJ wouldn't have gotten nearly as much playing time, and I think the more he continues to get the more he can help. I know he fell far short of expectations but I like watching the kid because he's so freakin athletic and really has the potential to do something amazing at any given moment.

So anyway I think the team would be much worse. With Haith I don't think Larkin or DQJ would have a role. I think Scott would have more control which would have probably resulted in a better season for him individually, but much more chaotic on the court for the team as a whole. 6 ACC wins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back