What was the recruiting story with Tavon Austin?

Advertisement
I played against him and then with him in one of the post season region games. He was always going to WVU. MD had hopes he would go there but I don't think he ever had the test scores to get in. He played for a powerhouse magnet school that played in the lowest class in MD but if you watch his highlights you kind of knew comp level wouldn't have mattered. He was a star at Dunbar in Baltimore City from day one.

Advertisement
I played against him and then with him in one of the post season region games. He was always going to WVU. MD had hopes he would go there but I don't think he ever had the test scores to get in. He played for a powerhouse magnet school that played in the lowest class in MD but if you watch his highlights you kind of knew comp level wouldn't have mattered. He was a star at Dunbar in Baltimore City from day one.

That was the impression I got from listening to Ralph Friedgen talk about Austin and WVU a couple of years ago on what was his
weekly (in-season) radio show.
They certainly knew about him.

Thank you. Repped.

Yeah no problem guys. People certainly knew who he was, though. This is his junior year stuff from high school [video=youtube;t_Xu6WcB7zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Xu6WcB7zE[/video]

Edit: the first minute is him dancing, so excuse that part of that video lol

Advertisement
Yeah no problem guys. People certainly knew who he was, though. This is his junior year stuff from high school [video=youtube;t_Xu6WcB7zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Xu6WcB7zE[/video]

Corn Elder anyone?

Corn Elder anyone?

I like Elder but Tavon Austin was on a whole nother level out of Dunbar. I think he was a high 4 star/5 star on every site but he had shaky grades hence some schools backing off. Please watch his SR year tape and then compare him to Elder and tell me who's better lol.

I'm grew up in baltimore too, tavon wasn't going far away from home and he was connected with next level and a lot of next level recruits end up at wva. The poets have always been class for class the best.

Advertisement
His HS tape is ridiculous. A little more size and would have been the #1 RB in the nation.

Advertisement
Back