What should happen and what will happen

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Because we have an effeminate AD who has less of a passing interest in football than my daughter, Manny will return next season after a well-publicized finger wagging about expectations, blah, blah, blah.

What should happen is that Manny is fired immediately. Pick Simpson as interim HC, make T-Rob the DC, begin a legitimate HC search, and actually spend the money on a proven winner. At this point, our recruiting prospects should be irrelevant. The only thing that matters for the future is that Miami and its BOT focus on returning their football team to prominence.

Advertisement
Because we have an effeminate AD who has less of a passing interest in football than my daughter, Manny will return next season after a well-publicized finger wagging about expectations, blah, blah, blah.

What should happen is that Manny is fired immediately. Pick Simpson as interim HC, make T-Rob the DC, begin a legitimate HC search, and actually spend the money on a proven winner. At this point, our recruiting prospects should be irrelevant. The only thing that matters for the future is that Miami and its BOT focus on returning their football team to prominence.
Agree.
Caring about recruits right now insane with what we are putting out. They're gone anyway

Manny will get a majority of the ACC schedule and maybe get fired if we get embarrassed in the ACC. Average will make next year make or break....

Blake (not that I'm a fan) but he has to be making a short list now. Cristobal has to be on the top. It's a safe hire for Blake to justify but he'll have to work to get funding for HC and then a good staff....

Advertisement

This is 100% the case!! Their BOT's actually like football and want to win. Our BOT's obviously are not actively engaged with football like ALL of our competitors. If our BOT's like football and were engaged with it as a group, they would have solved this problem a decade ago.

Keeping Blake as our AD is blind stupidity and pure evidence that they truly don't care.

THE MOST important sport is football, and our AD spent our treasure and future on a completely unproven man who had NEVER been a HC in his life and spent 2 hours to do it. He MUST be held accountable for this. it is Blake's fault more than Manny's. Manny was offered millions to be a HC in his hometown - what would you have said, "No, I'm not ready, but I'll go be a HC at Temple" ??

Of course, he accepted the job! You would have too if you were in his position. This is 100% Blake's fault and he should be held 100% accountable for it.

Manny will get a majority of the ACC schedule and maybe get fired if we get embarrassed in the ACC. Average will make next year make or break....

Blake (not that I'm a fan) but he has to be making a short list now. Cristobal has to be on the top. It's a safe hire for Blake to justify but he'll have to work to get funding for HC and then a good staff....
Bud, if Blake James is not fired most will pack it in. Every program at UM blows and he is the AD. The only list he should be making is who to send his resume to…

Last edited:

Agreed. They need to fire Manny and hire someone ASAP to salvage this year's recruiting class.

Unfortunately, Blake won't fire Manny. He simply cannot. This was his hire. He put all of his eggs in this basket so he'll have to see it out.

The question is will the board decide to move on from Blake. If that's the case then writing is on the wall for Blake.

Advertisement
This is 100% the case!! Their BOT's actually like football and want to win. Our BOT's obviously are not actively engaged with football like ALL of our competitors. If our BOT's like football and were engaged with it as a group, they would have solved this problem a decade ago.

Keeping Blake as our AD is blind stupidity and pure evidence that they truly don't care.

THE MOST important sport is football, and our AD spent our treasure and future on a completely unproven man who had NEVER been a HC in his life and spent 2 hours to do it. He MUST be held accountable for this. it is Blake's fault more than Manny's. Manny was offered millions to be a HC in his hometown - what would you have said, "No, I'm not ready, but I'll go be a HC at Temple" ??

Of course, he accepted the job! You would have too if you were in his position. This is 100% Blake's fault and he should be held 100% accountable for it.
How much money have these idiots wasted trying to pinch pennies. If they did it right the first time they would have had a good team and spent the same amount of coin.

Also, sort of tongue in cheek but how can Miami not cheat like these back water squads. Is Susan going to break a story on UM or that other stiff covering the team.

I think we'd really need to sh*t the bed (like 2 more double digit losses when we're favored) for Manny to get fired mid season, but yes that is what should happen. I'm not emotionally invested in it happening. I'm not emotionally invested in this team at all. I'll watch and hope they win, expecting they won't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back