What is a Norfolk State?

Advertisement
Canes win 64-49. Swoope had like 23 blocks. Brown had another good game as did Manu.

And Dan, to answer your question, a Norfolk State is a team that beat that beat Haith and Mizzou in the tourney 2 years ago when they were a #2 seed, so, basically they're a godsend.

Last edited:
Norfolk State is the best team in the MEAC in recent years, which is a very poor conference. As pointed out above, they were the #15 seed that upset Missouri. They also went undefeated last year in their conference regular season, but lost in the conference tournament and went to the NIT. This year, they are in second, at 6-2 in the conference.

Four players in double figures - Brown with 15, Manu with 13, Adams with 12 and Kirk with 10. I wouldn't say that we played poorly, but no one was a revelation either. Brown was 5-13 (3-10 3PT) and had 4 TOs. Adams had a double-double with 10 rebounds in addition to 4 assists, but he also had 4 TOs and shot 2 of 6. Manu shot well (4-6 FG. 3-4 3PT) but only had 2 assists, though he had 0 TOs. Kirk was 2-8 shooting, but did have 3 blocks and 7 boards. Reed shot 1-5, but had 4 boards.

I'd say Swoope played the best, 6 points, 2-2 from the field, 4 blocks in 21 minutes.

Advertisement
If you ever visit Norfolk, VA, and I suggest you dont, and havent been shot or committed suicide because of the gawd awful situation that brought you to Norfolk, you can see the Norfolk State campus going down one of the main interstates. Very small school, and I assume its either a Black College or Black College by proxy, cus it seems a large portion of Norfolk is 'Frickan 'Merican. 'Murica!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back