What if the football season is cancelled

I’m not sure the states you mentioned did enough, considering where they are located/population. I’m also sickened by New York’s pushing back on limiting their populations travel. The cases in Florida are growing because they fled to south Florida and brought it with them. Insane. I don’t think 100,000,000 is an out of line number. The death toll at the end, because of the actions we’ve taken as a nation, will be less than that of the common flu I think. We’ll have to wait and see. However, as a country we smoke less than Asia and Europe. We also don’t live with our elderly like they do. Wait and see. As a country we’ve been ahead of the rest of the world. The CDC has been amazing. Our superior health care system will show out. Sucks for the economy, but again we’re ahead of every other nation in fixing the imminent problem. This is going to be something every American can be proud of a year from now i think. 🙏

You are putting to much faith in our government systems.

Advertisement
If we lose a full year of sports.... You'd have to think there'd be some systemic changes to those sports that would come out of it, right? I'm not even sure what, but wouldn't this be an ideal time for rules changes for safety, reorganization of the NCAA overall and their amateur rules, things like that?

DO you believe the same restrictions should now be put on Florida? Georgia? i thought the entire country should have been more or less been put on lockdown 2 weeks ago. I do not sure your optimistic view that less than 40,000 americans will die from this. I think that number will be flown by in 2 weeks. I could see the president shutting things down in a week or two which will be far too late and already cost hundreds of thousands or more lives. this is freighting.
I didn’t give a number for deaths?

People can't afford to not have entertainment....we will be paying for a tv package or two which I'm completely fine with. They can test all the athletic department .

Advertisement
I thought when you referenced that the numbers will be below the annual flu deaths you meant that to mean under 40,000 ? If i read that wrong, i apologize.
Flu season in the US, which runs from October through May, claims tens of thousands of lives every year. This season CDC estimates that, as of mid-March, between 29,000 and 59,000 have died due to influenza illnesses. The number isn’t an exact one and some estimates have it finishing beyond 100,000. I guess we’ll see. I don’t think when the final numbers come in, it will be greater than the traditional flu was this season. 🤷‍♂️ No one should be 100% comfortable with any projections.

We're cursed then.

To get a QB, a modern spread OC, and have a good defense only for the season to be cancelled would suck.

Advertisement
I do t think thr season will be cancelled bit all of this is up to people. If the spread stops then yeah we can have a season if not no season. The numbers have to start declining

Advertisement
Everyone would probably come back. Nobody would lose any eligibility.

Maybe not GR15 if he's projected top 15 as expected. I don't think Jordan would leave though.

If King wanted to bolt out of CFB he would've done it already. We will get a year with King and Lashlee and everyone else on offense at some point.

Play with empty stadiums if you have to. I mean, we already do 3/4’s of the time.

Advertisement
If we lose a full year of sports.... You'd have to think there'd be some systemic changes to those sports that would come out of it, right? I'm not even sure what, but wouldn't this be an ideal time for rules changes for safety, reorganization of the NCAA overall and their amateur rules, things like that?
I've posted about this earlier, but in the event of a full year's cancellation:

1) The fall semester was likely cancelled
2) The NCAA will grant a one year waiver to schools allowing them to expand from 85 scholarships. They can exceed the 85 man cap by whatever number of players who would have had their last year of eligibility during the 2020 season. Otherwise some schools will see very few freshmen in their 2021 signing classes
3) King comes back, because he came to Miami to improve his draft stock. If he goes in the 2021 Draft, he's relying on film from three years earlier to buttress his draft stock
4) There will be a retrenchment in college spending
5) Football will be really sloppy in 2021, and feature many, many upsets. And it would not surprise me to see Miami beat Alabama in Week 1.

Advertisement
Back