What are your thoughts on two TE set formations

RohanMotor

Sophomore
With wolford, dobard, and sandland, do you think we can pull a NE Patriots type of play? Does this TE corp warrant this possibility?

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement
Love them. Throw Scott into that mix for a big receiver package, with Dorsett or Coley to spread the field, and Duke as the one back, and you have mismatches all over the place. Duke can take the handoff, or become the 5th receiver in a screen as all the LBs will be occupied covering the big boys, and the safeties need to cover Dorsett/Coley/Waters.

First we have to learn how to throw to one TE. I think we have too much other receiving to go with two TEs, but I sure would like to see more throws to the TE.

Love the idea. I've always been a fan of it. Utilizing the TE keeps the defense honest and makes them stay home. That opens up holes for the rbs and gives wrs more room on the outside. Like stated above though we need to start throwing to one TE before we talk about using two.

You need an accurate consistent QB that can just dink and dunk all day and take that the D gives em. Not sure if Olsen has shown that so far

Advertisement
I brought this up a few weeks ago - would love to expand the conversation again. I think with the kinds of TEs we recruit, multiple TE sets could be deadly. Especially if you can use motion to find the mismatches - we used to split Winslow out wide all the time and he'd just destroy people on seam routes.

That said, it'd sure be nice to use the middle of the field again regardless of who's running the routes...

2 TE, 1 RB?

107.gif

Screen game could be out of control out of this set. Sheeeeeeeet. I'd run TE screens.

Advertisement
I just want to see the middle of the field used along with the TE's and screens to our speedy backs. I don't care what formation we use to pull it off.

Love the idea. I've always been a fan of it. Utilizing the TE keeps the defense honest and makes them stay home. That opens up holes for the rbs and gives wrs more room on the outside. Like stated above though we need to start throwing to one TE before we talk about using two.

I agree! Wth are rb stable, we should be able to take advantage. Man I hope they throw a couple of 2 TE sets in!

I just want to see the middle of the field used along with the TE's and screens to our speedy backs. I don't care what formation we use to pull it off.

I agree, in the bowl game I didn't see not one route in the middle while at the game. Coley has to do better with using the middle.

Advertisement
If anything, two TE sets will open up our WR's. The defense has to go 1/4 coverage or Cover-3 against two TE's cause they gotta get 8 in the box. This will give the WR's 1-on-1 match-ups on the outside.

Advertisement
Back