What about this perspective

The []_[];2019145 said:
The []_[];2019125 said:
Look Golden signs off on the gameplan. DC puts in a ton of blitzs and aggressive play...Fat Al not going for it. Golden is the problem. The head of the fish is rotten. Losing over 30 Players since he's been here is a big f'ing problem. There is problem with who he's bringing and monitoring them. He needs to go back to NJ

While I agree with most of what you're saying. But who else was he supposed to bring in. It's not like we were a destination school with the investigation and cloud. The staff had to fight for commitments and from pretty much all the south Florida kids except Duke. Don't act like it hasn't been a handcuff.

We had the best recruiting class the second year of Golden's tenure ok. Kids wanted to pride themselves in bringing Miami back. Trcy Howard, Duke, McCord. etc. All these kids came. What handcuff Golden is the puzzy *** scheme they are running. We get plenty of offensive talent, look at who we have committed on the offensive side of the ball. Then turn and look at the defensive side. Thats the handcuff. Look how many DTs from south Florida left here. Khari Clark, Bostwick, Keith Bryant and Valentine. It wasn't the cloud that cause them to leave. Its UF and FSU turning on film and say, would u rather play in that, or play in this? Thats the truth. We have 4 star RBs committed, stud QB, WR everywhere. We can't get the super star high schopol players particularly on the DL....that is Golden's fault. No one else

Okay again, I agree with a lot of what you're saying but those kids didn't leave the state or choose some random school. They chose the sec over miami, they chose the hot program (FSU) over miami. This isn't the glory days. Yeah that 2nd class was great on paper but look at what's left of that class In the program. Not a lot of depth at lb, DL, Qb. A lot of players left or didn't make it in and aside from the big name locals that made our rankings top heavy that class was obviously patchwork. It shows by the amount of kids gone, same as 2011 class and even the 2013 class. Youre crazy if you don't the cloud played a part. Some talent is here but the depth at all positions is still weak.
We have as good offensive talent as many teams. We are below par on defense. That is Golden's scheme. We can match any team with RBs, WR, OL and QB. The QB deficiencies is Olson being a junkie that Golden hand picked from NJ. They didn't leave because of cloud. We dropped Eduord and other kids who wanted in. We are fine in offensive recruiting at every position. Defense is where we suck ***. No kid with a NFL future wants any of this crap shoot period, end of. Ok cloud over now, why do we have problems recruiting studs for the front 7? and even in 2016 where we are killing it, tons of offense, no DTs? These kids watch film of our team and say no way do i want a part of that. No way.

Advertisement
The []_[];2019145 said:
The []_[];2019125 said:
Look Golden signs off on the gameplan. DC puts in a ton of blitzs and aggressive play...Fat Al not going for it. Golden is the problem. The head of the fish is rotten. Losing over 30 Players since he's been here is a big f'ing problem. There is problem with who he's bringing and monitoring them. He needs to go back to NJ

While I agree with most of what you're saying. But who else was he supposed to bring in. It's not like we were a destination school with the investigation and cloud. The staff had to fight for commitments and from pretty much all the south Florida kids except Duke. Don't act like it hasn't been a handcuff.

We had the best recruiting class the second year of Golden's tenure ok. Kids wanted to pride themselves in bringing Miami back. Trcy Howard, Duke, McCord. etc. All these kids came. What handcuff Golden is the puzzy *** scheme they are running. We get plenty of offensive talent, look at who we have committed on the offensive side of the ball. Then turn and look at the defensive side. Thats the handcuff. Look how many DTs from south Florida left here. Khari Clark, Bostwick, Keith Bryant and Valentine. It wasn't the cloud that cause them to leave. Its UF and FSU turning on film and say, would u rather play in that, or play in this? Thats the truth. We have 4 star RBs committed, stud QB, WR everywhere. We can't get the super star high schopol players particularly on the DL....that is Golden's fault. No one else

Okay again, I agree with a lot of what you're saying but those kids didn't leave the state or choose some random school. They chose the sec over miami, they chose the hot program (FSU) over miami. This isn't the glory days. Yeah that 2nd class was great on paper but look at what's left of that class In the program. Not a lot of depth at lb, DL, Qb. A lot of players left or didn't make it in and aside from the big name locals that made our rankings top heavy that class was obviously patchwork. It shows by the amount of kids gone, same as 2011 class and even the 2013 class. Youre crazy if you don't the cloud played a part. Some talent is here but the depth at all positions is still weak.
We have as good offensive talent as many teams. We are below par on defense. That is Golden's scheme. We can match any team with RBs, WR, OL and QB. The QB deficiencies is Olson being a junkie that Golden hand picked from NJ. They didn't leave because of cloud. We dropped Eduord and other kids who wanted in. We are fine in offensive recruiting at every position. Defense is where we suck ***. No kid with a NFL future wants any of this crap shoot period, end of. Ok cloud over now, why do we have problems recruiting studs for the front 7? and even in 2016 where we are killing it, tons of offense, no DTs? These kids watch film of our team and say no way do i want a part of that. No way.

The is the first full season without the questions. Preston Dewey was hurt, gray crow is not miami Qb material, and Olson was a stud recruit across the boards by all recruiting services, there is so much talent in south Florida at skill positions of course we can recruit enough to match up with anyone In the country, but don't act like the schools we want to compete with don't hand pick there guys in south Florida at WR,RB,DB either bama, FSU, auburn, UF all get theirs down here as well. But again my point is that these kids aren't choosng random schools..they're picking the hot programs. We just got two defensive studs to sign last year, chad and Moten, were not gonna get everyone. And for the 15 and 16 class what studs in the front 7 are we supposed to get ? There's no one in our backyards that are supposedly locks.

And again I'm not defend goldens coaching. It's trash, but the talent level isn't their yet for butch to come in and win a national championship in 2 years the way yall are talking. And the front seven recruits that aren't picking Miami are all picking the same schools every year, UF, FSU,Bama,Georgia, notre dame, Lsu. It's not like they're choosing Virginia tech or Georgia tech over us. Reality is that those schools are better than what we have going on right now, golden scheme or no scheme.

The []_[];2019157 said:
The []_[];2019145 said:
The []_[];2019125 said:

Yeah Florida is very hot losing to basically FCS teams.

The is the first full season without the questions. Preston Dewey was hurt, gray crow is not miami Qb material, and Olson was a stud recruit across the boards by all recruiting services, there is so much talent in south Florida at skill positions of course we can recruit enough to match up with anyone In the country, but don't act like the schools we want to compete with don't hand pick there guys in south Florida at WR,RB,DB either bama, FSU, auburn, UF all get theirs down here as well. But again my point is that these kids aren't choosng random schools..they're picking the hot programs. We just got two defensive studs to sign last year, chad and Moten, were not gonna get everyone. And for the 15 and 16 class what studs in the front 7 are we supposed to get ? There's no one in our backyards that are supposedly locks.

I don't see any kids from down here or anywhere lining up to play in the front 7. 1 or 2 good guys is not going to cut it, we need a 2 deep of mainly talented guys that can sub in and out and bust heads. We miss 4 DTs i named and they didnt leave because of no Cloud. UF has been crap and they are still reeling in quality and quantity of defensive studs. Khari Clarks parents have season tickets. He didn't want to play hand fight on that DL, Bostwick family were pushing Miami, he ended up at UF. UF is not hot and not doing much better than Miami overall, but they are miles ahead of us on D....and they are not that good there either at the moment. Our defense is not bad. Its ******* terrible. No one knows what the **** is its purpose or what its supposed to be good at. Its bad at every thing except passing defense...and thats because teams don't have to throw but 7 passes a game. Guys like Bush and Tracy look like duds. Jamal carter, straight dog across that middle. I havent seen him make one hit the whole time. Our safetys make no plays except when blitzing v FAMU. Penn St, USC they face just as much crap as we have, playing with way less players and they manage to field competent defenses and not be the worst in the entire country. Its just sickening that people keep on making excuses upon excuses and take no responsibility for the crap thats going on

The []_[];2019161 said:
And again I'm not defend goldens coaching. It's trash, but the talent level isn't their yet for butch to come in and win a national championship in 2 years the way yall are talking. And the front seven recruits that aren't picking Miami are all picking the same schools every year, UF, FSU,Bama,Georgia, notre dame, Lsu. It's not like they're choosing Virginia tech or Georgia tech over us. Reality is that those schools are better than what we have going on right now, golden scheme or no scheme.

Just being f'ing quiet. Who the **** said anything about national titles? can we just not get run the **** over for 300 yards, can we not get blown out by 20 points by mediocre teams like GT and Nebraska. Are these things unfair to ask? Like really. Time and patience is not given, its earned by showing you are learning and fixing the issues that arise over building a team and a program. We get beat the same way every time. Cant stop a team from running the simplest of pop warner plays. National title, who in their right mind thinks Golden is sniffing a national title? Must be someone right after sniffing the nose candy

Advertisement
It is what it is, they chose UF and the sec over what we have down here. It's recruiting man, you can't get everyone and I'm not gonna act like because a kid grew down here he's supposed to come to the U. Either you want In like the kids we have or you'd rather be elsewhere. Golden needs to go but we need to realize that this program isn't gonna be back as fast as we want it to be.

But on the flip side a new DC comes in and turns around the defense, he becomes a made man and a hot commodity. Maybe we can find a guy with half a brain to prove himself.

Yeah, just like Mark Whipple, Bill Young, Rich Olsen, John Lovett, and all the other coordinators across college football who got brought in to save a coaches job. And none of them succeed over the long term because the problem goes beyond X's and O's.

If a coach is such a ******* clown that he has to be forced to get rid of everybody on one side of the ball, he has no business being a head coach. None at all.

i see very little chance of Golden being fired (unless we go 6-6 or something similar) and i believe that is the right call as long as Golden accepts the fact that the has to replace the DC, which i believe will be forced upon him. if that is the case, it could be that the DC resigns rather than leave Golden in the situation where he has to chose to keep his DC or keep his job. the resignation is the graceful exit for all 3 parties.

Golden won't be fired after this season. Now, if he could find himself a comfy landing spot, my guess is he'd bolt South Florida and take his best buddy with him. But the Al Golden stock has declined considerably these last 9 months and he'd have a tough time finding a comparable job right now.

So what happens? Whether he likes it or not, Al has to part ways with his defensive coordinator and the fallout claims Jethro and perhaps others on the defensive side of the ball. The problem is, no established or hot, up-and-coming coordinator is saddling up in Miami with a lame duck coach. And we don't have the money to buy off a potential candidate's insecurities or fear with a fat three-year deal (think the Gators). So we're looking at a stop-gap solution, thus a grizzled lifer or a guy eager to get back in the game. Probably best to envision someone like Dave Wannstedt or Frank Spaziani.

Advertisement
Golden won't be fired after this season. Now, if he could find himself a comfy landing spot, my guess is he'd bolt South Florida and take his best buddy with him. But the Al Golden stock has declined considerably these last 9 months and he'd have a tough time finding a comparable job right now.

So what happens? Whether he likes it or not, Al has to part ways with his defensive coordinator and the fallout claims Jethro and perhaps others on the defensive side of the ball. The problem is, no established or hot, up-and-coming coordinator is saddling up in Miami with a lame duck coach. And we don't have the money to buy off a potential candidate's insecurities or fear with a fat three-year deal (think the Gators). So we're looking at a stop-gap solution, thus a grizzled lifer or a guy eager to get back in the game. Probably best to envision someone like Dave Wannstedt or Frank Spaziani.

This is why Golden's doomed no matter what he does at this point. Doomed

The problem is, no established or hot, up-and-coming coordinator is saddling up in Miami with a lame duck coach. And we don't have the money to buy off a potential candidate's insecurities or fear with a fat three-year deal (think the Gators). So we're looking at a stop-gap solution, thus a grizzled lifer or a guy eager to get back in the game. Probably best to envision someone like Dave Wannstedt or Frank Spaziani.

disagree. if the head coaching job could become available, that could provide a coordinator even more of an incentive to come here.

As long as Golden's defensive philosophy includes sitting back and letting opponents execute their offense while we hope they make a mistake, it doesn't matter who our DC is.

Golden is the root of the problem.

If this actually happens its Coker 2.0. Clean house for another year of the same results then fired

Advertisement
Let's bring a new DC onto a sinking ship, but let's not change the captain. Makes sense. They'll be inundated with hundreds of quality applications for proven coaches who want that temp job.

I say no chance...look at where this guy is from. He has lived and worked primarily in the south (college towns). Only spent 1/2 years in a larger setting (chicago). Miami's fast pace, culture, politics, and media would eat him alive

That scenario seldom works. If we do try it, then you have to forget about the top names. They won't come.

One guy who might be sensible is Clancy Pendergast. I don't believe he's coaching this year. Lots of experience as defensive coordinator in NFL and college. Still young enough, in his late 40s. While he's been criticized at certain points of his career, Pendergast was well received by USC fans last season in a similar situation. He was brought in to replace Monte Kiffin, after the awful defensive performance in 2012. USC in the Sun Bowl against Georgia Tech that season actually made Vad Lee look like a star. The defense was incredibly passive and worthless. At least the Canes waited until Justin Thomas showed up to collapse against Georgia Tech. You can imagine the outcry on Trojan forums.

Pendergast brought an attacking style that unleashed the talented athletes. Not perfect, by any means. His defense was ripped at Arizona State and faltered in the key rivalry game against UCLA. Overall it was vastly improved, 3rd in the Pac 12 while allowing less than 5 yards per play. That's very good in that league with all the skilled offenses. This year USC is nearly a full yard worse and fans are bemoaning the loss of Pendergast after Sarkisian brought in his own guy at defensive coordinator.

Kiffin didn't want to fire his father, obviously. His father did him a favor by resigning and then somehow landing a job as defensive coordinator of the Cowboys. That lasted all of one season. We might have to get similarly lucky with D'Onofrio sensing pressure and departing.

Advertisement
Brick Haley makes $448,467 with a $70,000 bonus. He isn't coming to Coral Gables, especially for a Dead Man Walking. Best to aim for a NFL position coach, like Seahawks Defensive Passing Game Coordinator, Rocky Seto or Eagles Defensive Backs Coach, John Lovett (previous DC at Miami).

My personal favorite is Dolphins Defensive Line Coach, Kacy Rodgers. He is a **** of a coach at our weakest position. Plus he already knows the situation he would be walking into - with his son having played here.

Still it's just wishful thinking, the only way Doritos leaves is by his own accord and no one in there right mind would hire Doritos to run a hot dog stand much less a FBS defense/team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back