What a mess.

canesfanmpls

Sophomore
Watched the game late with the blessing of fast forward and rewind.

- This is the absolute worst OL ever. Ever ever. They are out of shape, slow and not athletic.
- The tackling remains just horrid. Honestly can’t say Mandy called a bad defense - yeah there were a few plays in the 1st quarter but for the most part the D was in position and failed at tackling again - which needs to be traced to him. But what can you do when the offense goes 3-out on almost every drive? He is not a head coach at all but the (poor tackling) defense held us in the last 3 quarters.
- Lashlee or whatever his spelling is - way overhyped and should be fired. Assuming he called the offensive plays - he mismanaged them poorly all game long. I personally called several plays before the snap and I play hockey. That run up the middle on the safety when the OL looked like **** up to that point was horrible.
- Hall should never play another snap. Period. This is pope/Wiggins on defense. Liability.
- Cameron continues to make big plays. Felt like Knighton runs were forced and he was not used correctly. His speed is apparent - but he’s not a run up the middle guy.
- get rid of the chains.

In summary - not much positive to take out of this. Stevenson, Flagg, Couch, Harris had good games. Taylor and Williams also good.

To me - the terrible OL play and the offensive play calling and the tackling on defense was just horrible.

Last thought. We are moving backwards at this point. Time for changes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

- This is the absolute worst OL ever. Ever ever. They are out of shape, slow and not athletic.
- The tackling remains just horrid. Honestly can’t say Mandy called a bad defense - yeah there were a few plays in the 1st quarter but for the most part the D was in position and failed at tackling again - which needs to be traced to him. But what can you do when the offense goes 3-out on almost every drive? He is not a head coach at all but the (poor tackling) defense held us in the last 3 quarters.
- Lashlee or whatever his spelling is - way overhyped and should be fired. Assuming he called the offensive plays - he mismanaged them poorly all game long. I personally called several plays before the snap and I play hockey. That run up the middle on the safety when the OL looked like **** up to that point was horrible.
- Hall should never play another snap. Period. This is pope/Wiggins on defense. Liability.
- Cameron continues to make big plays. Felt like Knighton runs were forced and he was not used correctly. His speed is apparent - but he’s not a run up the middle guy.
- get rid of the chains.

In summary - not much positive to take out of this. Stevenson, Flagg, Couch, Harris had good games. Taylor and Williams also good.

To me - the terrible OL play and the offensive play calling and the tackling on defense was just horrible.
Couch was complete dog sh*t

- get rid of the chains.

Stevenson ****ed up another punt situation - easy fair catch but let's bounce, downed at 1, then safety. Was at the game but I don't think he played much at all in the 2h due to some injury he was limping from.

Couch was flat out BAD. He missed 3 tackles for every one he made and was BBQ chicken on several throws he got lucky the QB made ****** throws on.

Couch is also one of the clowns that ***** up 3 plays in a row, then makes a tackle, then celebrates like he didn't **** up the 3 prior plays!

Stevenson ****ed up another punt situation - easy fair catch but let's bounce, downed at 1, then safety. Was at the game but I don't think he played much at all in the 2h due to some injury he was limping from.

Couch was flat out BAD. He missed 3 tackles for every one he made and was BBQ chicken on several throws he got lucky the QB made ****** throws on.

Couch is also one of the clowns that ***** up 3 plays in a row, then makes a tackle, then celebrates like he didn't **** up the 3 prior plays!
Couch easily missed 6 tackles tonight and had WRs smoke him on the regular.

Couch easily missed 6 tackles tonight and had WRs smoke him on the regular.
I digress. Couch and Stevenson were in on several tackles which says a lot about the rest of the defense. Maybe I was focused more on the actual tackles than the misses (which were exponential). Lol. The Stevenson muff was bad bad but he plays hard at least.

Advertisement
When I think of missed tackles - the ones that stand out are behind the line of scrimmage. There were so many misses on the RB and WR screens etc.

Last edited:
Couch was awful in the 1st half. But he did play better in the 2nd half. LT and Hedley were the only players that should be commended. Both played really well. When TOS puts out the PFF grades, look for LT to be ranked pretty high. If I had to guess, I would say LT, Elijah Roberts, Flagg, Rambo, Rique, and Cam Harris would rate average to above average by the PFF dudes.

Advertisement

- get rid of the chains.

Last thought. We are moving backwards at this point. Time for changes.
I agree with the statement about Knighton. Why force him up the middle?

Advertisement
Back