Wensdee Nite Game vs Appalach

Advertisement
Sorry that the team doesnt play its A game every game. How about the pitching tonight? The team is very young too, don't forget that. BTW I just saw the score up 6-1.
Wasn't the point. You play sloppy and lackadaisical, it's like practicing sloppy - it carries over. But I hope I am wrong and we come out fired up and execute vs GT this weekend.

One point is irrefutable for those who watched the game....it was definitely sloppy and lackadaisical.

Its Wednesday night, its App State....you have class, your girlfriend's not putting out...etc, etc...you still have to find a way to treat it like it is much more important than the way they did.

ACC play will tell us what we need to know for sure, but right now...Lala is one of the very few that seems to get it consistently. He takes every bat seriously....so far.

UM

One point is irrefutable for those who watched the game....it was definitely sloppy and lackadaisical.

Its Wednesday night, its App State....you have class, your girlfriend's not putting out...etc, etc...you still have to find a way to treat it like it is much more important than the way they did.

ACC play will tell us what we need to know for sure, but right now...Lala is one of the very few that seems to get it consistently. He takes every bat seriously....so far.

UM

And yet we still won relatively easily. Last year we were dropping midweek games like candy from a Pez dispenser. This is still a very young team without a lot of upperclassmen leadership in the field. We will learn a lot this weekend but what I saw live last weekend was a very good team with a lot of upside as it matures.

Advertisement
Can we throw Cloonan out there in RF and see what happens?
Or Rivera.

It's interesting to me that neither Cloonan nor Rivera have practiced well enough to take some innings/ABs away from Crosbie/Moore/Jenkins in some combination. I thought one or both of them would have been in the OF rotation so far. Makes you wonder what the hold up is with them.

As for last night's game, a win is a win, but **** - we need better effort overall. When you see lack of effort and fire, it's up to the coaching staff to light a fire under the players' asses. I certainly do think that DiMare should read them the riot act. We may never hear about it...but he ought to be ****ed that we didn't handle ASU better than we did. Give them props for what they did well, sure...but you've got to set the bar somehow for what's expected.

If any of you have read my posts the past few seasons about what my issues w/the team have been, a lot of it has been passion/fire, trying to look pretty instead of getting the job done. Having that "dirtbag" mentality of not caring what it looks like - just playing balls to the wall and getting results. Jordan Lala is that kind of kid...and I'm glad he's playing such a big role. I hope he can keep it up and continue the way he's playing. Love his game...someone said gritty earlier...that fits - dude is an absolute fighter. He may not have all the physical tools...but by god he plays ******* hard all the time. We need more of that mentality on this team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back